Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate. Our company’s mission is to dramatically improve the productivity, transparency, and impact of Design. Since launching in July 2017, over 7,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from DocuSign, Instacart, Microsoft, Pandora, Wayfair, Wix, Cisco, Zendesk, and more.
At Abstract, we believe in a future where all companies recognize that empowering people to be creative unlocks productivity. We seek to build a world where companies see their people's expertise, where systems default to collaboration, and where curiosity and experimentation flourish.
We strive to be living examples of our values and first principles. We do hard things, make our own weather, and question the status quo. When we ship, we ship together. We value grit, inclusion, craft, curiosity, and iteration, just to name a few. And we embrace diversity and respect our differences because we know different minds see more parts.
If you thrive in a fast paced environment where you can make a big impact on our product and our company culture, we want to hear from you.
Abstract is a remote-first company (US-based only at this time).
About the Role
At Abstract we develop high quality web applications that help transform the attribution, connection, and measurement of Design to increase its impact. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join Abstract, in pursuit of shipping high quality software.
Join us and have an impact that’s felt and experienced by designers all over the world. Do you crave the autonomy to ship high quality software with peers in engineering, product design, and product management? If iteration and craft are values you are drawn to, if impacting the world of design through a product focused on connection, or if you love to create excellent software with some of the finest engineers and designers around, please consider this role!
What You'll Do:
- Diagnose and address performance issues prior to releasing the finished product.
- Participate in code reviews and give useful feedback to peers.
- Triage and fix bugs, often working directly with our customers.
- Contribute to server-side APIs — through code, peer review, or both — that are needed to ship features.
- Work closely with the Platform team to ensure any blockers are addressed quickly and thoroughly.
- Assist the QA team with automation tests.
- Lead other engineers on projects.
- Mentor less experienced engineers and help them grow in confidence and capability.
- Communicate proactively with team members and stakeholders about the progress of work.
- Participate in standups, backlog grooming, demos, and retrospectives.
- Work closely with the support team to triage bugs and respond to emergent work.
What You'll Bring
- Remote work experience
- Excellent writing skills
- A product mindset and a willingness to ask questions in order to improve the product, not only in its technical implementation but also in how well it’s serving the needs of our customers
- Curiosity, and a commitment to life-long learning
- The ability to make things happen even when the path is not well defined
- Ability to clearly discuss and explain complex technical topics to peers, junior engineers, and non-technical audiences
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working with Flow or Typescript
- Worked on small teams and are comfortable wearing multiple hats
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Mentorship experience
Abstract is fully-remote (US-based only at this time). If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a strong, team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing to all full-time employees. We provide 99% healthcare coverage, as well as dental, vision, and life insurance options. We offer 10 weeks parental leave, unlimited paid-time off, a health care FSA, and flexible working arrangements. Additional perks include dependent care, a budget to set up your home office, and a monthly wellness and internet stipend.
To help employees plan for the future, we offer competitive pay, access to financial services, and a 401(k).
We are a distributed team and we are able to offer US-based remote employment. We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; Elastic Projects will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.