Abstract is a design workflow management platform supporting modern design teams with version control, file management, and team collaboration. Just one year in, thousands of loyal customers including Shopify, Intuit, and Unity, are using Abstract to manage their design workflow. Abstract is a technically ambitious product and we’re looking forward to seeing how you can contribute to these goals. The best candidates will be capable and enthusiastic about building out a world-class team and product with us.
At Abstract, we are actively working to build a diverse and inclusive organization. Here, diversity includes age, economic class, educational background, ethnic variance, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or veteran status.
Abstract is headquartered in San Francisco and is backed by Amplify Partners, Cowboy Ventures, First Round Capital, Scale Venture Partners and others. We announced our $16MM series B funding in May 2018.
We’re searching for our first Social Media & Community Manager. Do have a passion for design and community management? Love playing with words? Enjoy using both qualitative and quantitative analysis to optimize growth and engagement? Are extremely responsible and collaborative? We’d love to hear from you.
In this role, you will be responsible for crafting our social media strategy, managing our content calendar across existing social channels, exploring new opportunities for community-building and growth, and partnering with our People, Events, and Growth leads to develop new and ongoing organic and paid social campaigns.
This role reports into the Director of Content and Community.
- Manage the planning, development, and day-to-day execution of Abstract’s existing social channels and forums including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Spectrum, while identifying new and relevant channels for our brand.
- Lead community engagement across key social channels, helping to drive culturally-relevant conversation around design-related topics with customers, brands, and influencers.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Design, Product, People, and Support teams to build out a robust social content calendar that aligns with editorial, brand, and product launch initiatives.
- Collaborate with the content and brand teams to further develop the Abstract voice.
- Develop a social media measurement plan, and effectively communicate key insights, trends, and learnings to company stakeholders.
- An enthusiastic self-starter with a can-do, roll-up-your sleeves attitude
- An “ideas” person who can think strategically, corral stakeholders, build consensus, and stay extremely organized.
- Social media marketing experience, either in-house for a brand or in an agency setting
- Copywriting experience, with a knack for embodying a brand’s voice and tone. You’re a stickler for typos and have a distaste for jargon 🙅♀
- A background or passion for design (not a must but highly, highly encouraged). You’re familiar with a least 2-3 design tools, have collaborated with designers, and have a general understanding of common design workflows.
- Experience with developing and executing social partnerships
- Experience working with social scheduling, monitoring, and A/B testing tools (Buffer, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Naytev, etc.)
- An understanding of using paid marketing to expand reach on social
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial well-being. We provide 99% healthcare coverage, including dental, vision, and life insurance. We offer 10 weeks of parental leave, unlimited paid-time off, and flexible working arrangements. Additional perks include dependent care and health care FSA as well as commuter benefits for SF office employees.
To help employees plan for the future, we're able to offer competitive pay and a 401k. New teammates receive a MacBook Pro.
We are a distributed team and we are able to offer US-based remote employment for most roles. We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference.
Though we're a distributed team, we're currently only able to hire US-based candidates.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check.