A/B is a digital storytelling studio based in NYC creating new narratives about people, power, and social change to transform our politics and the economy. Our team is racially and gender diverse at every level, from entry level to ownership; we are bringing the best-in-class creative strategies usually reserved for the private sector side by side with deep experience in social movements and ventures; and we are building a team that can help a new generation of leaders win the debate on their terms.
This role will be a member of our Strategy Team and report into the Head of Strategy and CEO. The Strategy team creates tailored experiences that leverages the many sides of A/B to build powerful brands, marketing, and political campaigns along with broader enterprise level strategy.
The Associate, Narrative Strategy is a driving force behind the game changing narrative campaigns designed at A/B Partners. A leader with an entrepreneurial mindset, the successful candidate will support strategic projects from beginning to end. This role is perfect for someone who dreams in culture and politics, is drawn toward complex problems, and is already thinking deeply about stories, identity and power. The Associate, Narrative Strategy proactively consumes media online and believes in the power of digital to shift people’s behavior and values to address enduring and emerging social problems. They will work with an interdisciplinary team of communicators and strategists to deliver work that is consistently creative, strategic and wins real victories.
- Take a multi-dimensional view of strategy informed by approaches centered in quantitative research, movement building and communications design, bringing enthusiasm to translate nuanced thinking into exciting deliverables
- Work closely with our founder and CEO to build out our unique strategic approach to challenging power through breakthrough insights
- Partner with the Accounts and Strategy teams to build insightful, audience-driven strategic and creative briefs ready for implementation
- Independently run landscape audits around specific issues or organizations and present synthesized thinking back to the team
- Produce strategic deliverables to the highest level of quality: deck presentations, memos, research analysis
- Collaborate closely with the Experience Team, Research Team and Design Lab to ensure alignment and the sharpest possible outputs
- 2+ years experience as a strategist in a campaign, creative, digital agency or related environment, with a knack for identifying compelling content
- An understanding of at least one of the core tenets of movement building and political campaigns: campaign strategy, constituency building, branding, and/or core narrative development
- A working knowledge of key political issues in the news cycle
- A successful track record of developing paid, earned, and owned media tactics and analyzing results to improve campaign performance
- Organizational capabilities to track progress, execution and consistency of multi-channel campaigns
- Solid communication skills in order to effectively present strategic and tactical plans to clients and internal teams
- Ability to self-manage while managing teams and projects in a fast-paced environment
- A strong understanding of progressive movement building, CSR, or social impact ventures strongly preferred.
- Commitment to the belief that democracy and racial justice are inextricable
- Outstanding communication skills. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are needed. Much of our work depends on responsiveness, timely communication, and detailing the next steps with our partners with clarity and concision.
- Goal-oriented. Our work entails a combination of entrepreneurial creativity and straightforward execution. To maintain continual progress, we collaboratively set and check weekly goals.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to working in diverse teams and committed to creating an equitable and just world for Black and Brown people.
Equity is at the heart of A/B. From the clients we partner with and vendors we engage, to the team we’re building, we are committed to creating opportunities for the diverse community of talented, creative professionals who have been systematically denied opportunities across the professional communications industry. Women, people of color, LGBTI people, people of any religion or nationality and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Opportunities for advancement exist, and A/B is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.