The Reason You’ll Love This Work:
This role will be a member of our Design Lab and report into the Head of Creative. Grounded in research, informed by movement building and driven by creativity, the Design Lab at A—B brings the sector expertise of the A—B partners to a new practice in campaign design and execution. Equity is at the heart of our full-service Creative Studio, reflected in our team of artists and designers who turn insightful strategies into award-winning creative that reaches, moves and inspires at scale.
We are seeking an experienced Associate Creative Director to work in concert within the Design Lab to brainstorm, design and execute innovative multi-platform digital and print experiences. The Associate Creative Director will work closely with the Head of Creative and Creative Director to develop sophisticated brand identities and systems. They will manage a Designer and Associate.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Lead and manage designers from end to end
- Create brand voices and copy guidelines to bring brand strategies to life and provide richness and character to design projects
- Write copy against copy guidelines and brand tone of voice for print, digital and social
- Ensure strong creative output, while reporting in to the Creative Director
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Create structured work that clearly articulates a buildable idea
- Process information supplied by client/strategy/account services and translate into effective, clear, concise copy
- Proof creative work to ensure accuracy of information
- Present work and develop relationships of value and respect with the client
- Stay up to date with new innovations and industry trends
You’ll Find Success In This Role By Having:
- Multifaceted background with 8-10+ years agency or in-house experience
- Experience leading brand identities and major branding executions from ideation to execution
- Ability to sell in creative ideas to senior clients and management
- Strong portfolio to demonstrate originality, innovation and a multi-disciplinary thinking through your work, ideally for brands or publications that are internationally recognized
- Strong leadership skills, can organize, motivate and improve the creative output of those around you
- You go beyond the executional or tactical tasks and come up with the big idea and campaignable thoughts that work across all media
- Versatile writer experienced at writing for different formats, including, print, web, memes and social
- Team Player mentality with positive, collaborative and a contagious spirit, who works well with others
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Time Management expert, ability to hit deadlines and be on time for meetings, while juggling multiple projects
- Experience in culture, lifestyle, branding and communications is a must
- Experience with politics, non-profits is an asset
- Outstanding communication skills. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are needed. Much of our work depends on responsiveness, timely communication, and detailing the next steps with our partners with clarity and concision.
- Goal-oriented. Our work entails a combination of entrepreneurial creativity and straightforward execution. To maintain continual progress, we collaboratively set and check weekly goals.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to working in diverse teams and committed to creating an equitable and just world for Black and Brown people.
Equity is at the heart of A/B. From the clients we partner with and vendors we engage, to the team we’re building, we are committed to creating opportunities for the diverse community of talented, creative professionals who have been systematically denied opportunities across the professional communications industry. Women, people of color, LGBTI people, people of any religion or nationality and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Opportunities for advancement exist, and A/B is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
The salary band for this role starts at $120,000-$150,000 annually, as well as a bonus structure for business development, and will be commensurate with experience.