A/B is a digital storytelling studio based in NYC creating new narratives about people, power, and social change to transform our politics and the economy. Our team is racially and gender diverse at every level, from entry level to ownership; we are bringing the best-in-class creative strategies usually reserved for the private sector side by side with deep experience in social movements and ventures; and we are building a team that can help a new generation of leaders win the debate on their terms.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial systems designer and leader to drive the full integration of our project management and budget systems in our mid-size agency preparing for significant growth. The ideal candidate is a person who thinks about how systems can help people collaborate better; an advocate for strong operations because you are an advocate for the people behind them and a champion of the work your systems and leadership make possible.
We love to see a record of building and implementing new project management, forecasting, resource allocation and cross team collaboration systems. A strong candidate will have done this in a mid-size (25-50 person agency) as well as working in larger organizations. We have a custom project design system built in Airtable integrated with Asana, and Harvest; experience in these systems is preferred, but comparable experience with other software is acceptable too. This role works closely with our Heads of Research, Strategy, Creative and Media to design multi-month and multi-year projects that touch each of their teams. The successful candidate will also be a core member of our operations leadership team, working closely with our Heads of Experience, Partnerships and Finance and the CEO.
- Defining the overall project systems infrastructure, to ensure that the agency is running as smoothly and efficiently as possible, drawing on systems and design thinking, and other human-centered design principles
- Working collaboratively to rapidly develop, adjust and apply new tools for new projects and experiences when needed, continuously improving the process
- Building, managing and projecting budgets for all enterprise infrastructure and tools
- Leading, developing and supporting a team of Project Managers to ensure they are servicing both clients and internal teams
- Helping grow our product capabilities by sharing your experience and methodologies with the company and project teams
- Demonstrating strong analytical, project management and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Working flexibly, proactively, and collaboratively with team members from multiple disciplines
- 8+ years of agency experience in business, marketing, operations or a related field
- Experience with agency operations best practices, logistics solutions/best practices and systems management, optimizing operational processes from B2B to B2C: logistics, customer service, etc.
- Knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including procurement, production and customer service
- Excellent communication, organization and team interaction skills, and experience working in a consulting environment
- Proven ability to develop and optimize operational processes, structures and roles that enable efficiencies and support rapid growth
- Experience with vendor management: sourcing, negotiating and problem-solving
- Analytical problem solver with strong Excel skills and experience forecasting supply / demand, trafficking projects, and supporting budgeting processes
- Proactive, hard-working and resourceful in pushing progress forward and meeting accelerated timelines with minimal oversight, thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced but thoughtful and feedback-rich environment
- Innovative and creative thinker who is able and excited to explore future services and solutions that create signature client experiences
- Outstanding communication skills. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are needed. Much of our work depends on responsiveness, timely communication, and detailing the next steps with our partners with clarity and concision.
- Goal-oriented. Our work entails a combination of entrepreneurial creativity and straightforward execution. To maintain continual progress, we collaboratively set and check weekly goals.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to working in diverse teams and committed to creating an equitable and just world for Black and Brown people.
Equity is at the heart of A/B. From the clients we partner with and vendors we engage, to the team we’re building, we are committed to creating opportunities for the diverse community of talented, creative professionals who have been systematically denied opportunities across the professional communications industry. Women, people of color, LGBTI people, people of any religion or nationality and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Opportunities for advancement exist, and A/B is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.