About Fresh is a Boston area nonprofit on a mission to strengthen communities by getting healthy food to the households that need it most. Our programs are built to be integrated into community health systems.
- Fresh Truck mobile markets bring affordable, healthy food to Boston neighborhoods
- Fresh Connect is a pre-paid debit card and analytic platform that enables health care providers to cover the cost of healthy food for patients and measure related health impacts
- Fresh Box a direct-to-doorstep contactless delivery of fresh fruits, vegetables, and other grocery staples developed as a response to the COVID crisis.
About Fresh is looking for a Fresh Connect Retail Partnerships Manager (RPM) to support the success of grocery retailers, farmers markets, online grocery retailers, and other fresh food retailers participating in the Fresh Connect program. The Fresh Connect RPM will provide direct support for these retailers in all operations that contribute to program success, including: training staff, collaborating on in-store experiences, and other on-the-ground logistics necessary for our retails partners to provide the best shopping experience possible to Fresh Connect shoppers.
The ideal candidate will be mission-focused with a proven track record of successfully collaborating with grocery retailers and cultivating effective partnerships. This role will report to the Fresh Connect Program Director and collaborate with the Fresh Connect Program Coordinator and other roles across the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Own the design, development and implementation of Fresh Connect Retailer onboarding processes
- Develop and implement, in partnership with each retailer, training curricula and materials for store associates and leadership to ensure programmatic success for Fresh Connect retailers and shoppers alike
- Develop a deep understanding of Fresh Connect operations and strategy to support the needs and experiences of Fresh Connect shoppers within retail environments
- Create marketing materials, fact sheets, and white papers for current and prospective Fresh Connect retail partners to grow their business through Fresh Connect
- Collaborate directly with the Fresh Connect Program Director to generate and contact new Fresh Connect retail partner leads
- Be a constant advocate for positive retail experiences of Fresh Connect shoppers among internal and external stakeholders
- Work with Fresh Connect Program Director to identify key retail partner metrics and manage data analysis to drive key insights, scalable growth strategies, and detailed execution plans
- Strategize on retailer expansion plans in partnership with About Fresh leadership
Who you are:
- With 3+ years of experience in grocery retail training, management, or partnerships, you’ve demonstrated success in cultivating, onboarding, supporting, and managing successful relationships with external partners
- As a relationship manager, you know what it takes to ensure the success of a partnership while holding vendors and partners accountable
- You are a reliable source of support and accurate information for grocery retail operations
- You bring a curious mindset to your work, allowing for complexities and nuances to drive unique solutions for different audiences
- You embrace working in a highly collaborative environment that values open communication, transparency, efficiency, and disciplined execution
- You are a natural communicator comfortable with cold phone and email outreach
- A huge plus if you’ve worked in a nonprofit or other mission focused context and have developed partnerships, solutions, and workflows to meet the needs of the organization and its stakeholders
- You are familiar with various point-of-sale systems and payment technologies and are eager to learn more
- You are willing to travel regionally to support on-site training and implementation
- The salary range for this position is $55,000-$65,000
- Competitive benefits package provided for full-time employees and eligible dependents, including full employer paid health, subsidized dental and vision coverage
- 3 weeks paid vacation including paid company holidays
- 403-b retirement savings matching
About Fresh is currently working remotely and will continue to do so until conditions are safe to return to our shared office space.
About Fresh practices equity, inclusion, and belonging throughout our programming, hiring practices, and organizational design to create a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and making decisions in service of our mission. About Fresh staff represent a wide range of racial, socioeconomic, gender, religious, and national identities—we value the depth this brings to carrying out our mission. About Fresh is an equal opportunity employer.
About Fresh Culture Code
Mission first - Our mission is our north star. It drives decision making, organizational strategy, program assessment, who we work with and how.
Implement intentionally - We carry out our mission deliberately because we know every decision we make impacts the experience of the people who matter to us.
Hustle with ❤️ - To deliver the best programs for our shoppers and partners we balance our diligence and hard work with empathy and flexibility.
We’ve got each other’s backs - This work is demanding which is why we go out of our way to take care of one another. From lending a hand lifting boxes to designing thoughtful HR policies we make sure everyone has the support they need to love coming to work every day.
Dream big with discipline - We have a big vision for the future of food and community health which is why we pursue our work with focused execution.
Learn and adapt - Change is inevitable, and we are not afraid of it (in fact, sometimes we push for it). We solve complex problems by staying committed to constant learning.
As part of your application please include a cover letter outlining why you are interested in becoming a part of the About Fresh team.