Your new team
We help renters find their new home by connecting them with top property managers at apartments they will love. To do this, our customers use Rentable’s tools to reach the perfect renter for their pad. We utilize Ruby on Rails, React.js, a plethora of AWS services and whatever the best tool is to help renters locate the apartment they want to call home. We believe a team that trusts each other, seeks to achieve mastery and reduces complexity creates an inclusive culture where all members thrive.
The Customer Tools Engineering Team is a highly technical team with the mission to change the apartment rental industry. Our team is responsible for creating the tools our customers use every day to advertise their properties. We do this by being 2 steps in front where the rental marketplace is and anticipate what our customers biggest needs are going to be. We work directly with design, sales, and customer success to identify, prioritize and solve the most complex issues our customers have `marketing their properties.
- Deploying features on a fast pace, agile schedule.
- Engage with product leadership on what features to prioritize.
- Grow professionally, have fun, and add to our remote work culture everyday.
Your Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience building responsive applications across a variety of browsers and devices.
- Solid understanding of fundamental web technologies such as HTTP, REST, AJAX and JSON.
- Ability to break down complex problems into digestible chunks.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.
- Creative and Self-motivated with a growth mindset.
- Ability to translate prototypes into real world production web tools.
- A strong desire to experiment and iterate in order to create a product you are truly proud of.
- Relentless prioritization when working with ambiguity.
Bonus Skills & Experience
- Ruby on Rails web development.
- Webpack for building react applications within a rails application.
- Familiarity with relational databases, like MySQL.
- Taste in modern trends of front-end development.
- Experience working with designers to build beautiful front end experiences.
- Desire to build simple, user-focused, and intuitive UX.
- AWS Lambda.
- Serverless framework.
Salary Range: $80,000 - $120,000
Location: Remote, U.S.
We’re a passionate, 70-member team that spends most of our time figuring out how to solve the problems renters face when trying to find a new home.
Our passion and dedication has quickly made us one of the fastest growing startups in the state of Wisconsin, with backing from two of the largest Venture Capital firms in the Midwest.
We’re a 100% remote company where meetings, bureaucracy, and hierarchy are abhorred, and building and solving problems are what matter above all else.
Ultimately, what Rentable offers is a dynamic workplace where your work will be vital to helping a rapidly growing startup expand a validated business model to the rest of the country.
Perks of working for Rentable
- 100% Remote Workplace*
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Stock Options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Program
- Open Vacation Policy (you take vacation whenever you want)
- Fun, Vibrant, Enthusiastic Remote Company Culture
*Unfortunately, we are unable to support international employees or provide any working sponsorship at this time