We’re Rentable a high-growth Madison, WI company on a mission to make apartment hunting effortless.
We're currently looking for a detail oriented, highly organized Billing and Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our high performing Operations team. If you enjoy working in a customer facing role and thrive in a fast-paced environment, this is the perfect opportunity for you! You’ll work with our Senior Staff Accountant to manage and respond to AR questions, exceed collections KPI expectations, and help assist with monthly invoicing.
- Contact customers with a past due account to document payment status
- Review account balances after payments are applied and recommend necessary adjustments including misapplied payments, overpayment notification, etc
- Create and provide weekly progress and collection reports to members of the leadership team
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with Rentable customers
- Review weekly AR aging reports in an effort to identify customers to contact regarding unpaid invoices, overpayments, and/or credits to apply to account invoices.
- Record and document daily outreach calls/emails
- Own and monitor the accounts receivable email inbox and respond to emails and voicemails in a timely manner
- Meet and exceed monthly AR collection goals
- Assist with setting-up new customers in Quickbooks, monthly invoicing, and weekly deposits
- Analytical and data-driven mindset
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Quickbooks
- Background in accounting preferred but not required
- Friendly and professional demeanor when communicating via phone/email to customers
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritize workload
- A can-do "make it happen" attitude with foresight and initiative
- Work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change
We’re a passionate, 75-member team that spends most of our time figuring out how to solve the problems renters face when trying to find a new home.
Our passion and dedication has quickly made us one of the fastest growing startups in the state of WI, with backing from two of the largest Venture Capital firms in the Midwest.
We’re a 100% remote company, however this position would require you to be based in the Madison WI area to help assist with weekly deposits.
Ultimately, what Rentable offers is a dynamic workplace where your work will be vital to helping a venture-backed, rapidly growing startup expand a validated business model to the rest of the country.
Perks of Working for Rentable:
- 100% Remote Workplace (however you must be located in the Madison, WI area for this role)
- Competitive Compensation
- Stock Options
- Open Vacation Policy (you take vacation whenever you want)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 100% paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance program
- 401k Program
- Laid back work environment/schedule
- Fun, Vibrant, Enthusiastic Company Culture