We’re Rentable, a venture-backed, Madison, WI startup on a mission to make apartment hunting effortless.
We are looking for a highly detail-oriented individual to complement our Operations team as an Accounts Receivable Specialist. This role will require the ability to balance internal revenue collections needs with a strong focus on customer service and satisfaction. As the AR Specialist you'll be responsible for professionally reaching out via phone and email to Rentable customers with overdue invoices, documenting progress, and providing weekly collection reports.
We are looking for somebody to remain flexible and positive through every new project and someone who is always looking for new ways to improve things. If you know how to use your excellent communication skills to advocate for the customer and your team, we want you! We are looking for somebody who can communicate effectively with other departments within the company while always advocating for our customers.
If you enjoy customer advocacy, and working in a team-setting at a company with many growth opportunities, apply today!
- Communicate with customers via email, phone and virtual meetings
- Liaise with customers’ team members and Rentable internal resources to ensure understanding and clear communications
- Configure the Rentable platform to support the customer’s needs and drive value within their organization
- Keep all customer needs, questions, contact information, and actions up-to-date using Salesforce
- Keep an open line of communication with team members and management regarding all day-to-day obstacles or opportunities
- Review daily AR aging reports in an effort to identify customers to contact regarding unpaid invoices, overpayments, and/or credits to apply to account invoices
- Contact customers with past-due invoices to document payment status
- Review account balances after payments are applied and recommend necessary adjustments, including misapplied payments, overpayment notification, etc.
- Create and provide weekly progress and collection reports to members of the leadership team
- Monitor and assist with the Accounts Receivable email inbox and voicemail
- 2-5 years experience in a B2B environment
- Experience driving customer satisfaction in a B2B environment
- Strong empathy for customers
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Quickbooks Online
- Accounts Receivable Certification preferred
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Great communication working on small teams
- Excellent interpersonal/customer relations skills
- Passionate about customer service and how it can transform businesses
- Works well under pressure, thrives in a fast-paced environment and stays flexible through growth and change
- Advocates for customer needs while still being understanding of internal resources, timing, and possible limitations
- Ability to think analytically about impacts on accounts
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritize workload
- A can-do, "make it happen" attitude with foresight and initiative
We’re a passionate 70-member team that spends most of our time figuring out how to solve the problems renters face when trying to find a new home.
Our passion and dedication has quickly made us one of the fastest-growing startups in the state of Wisconsin, with backing from three of the largest Venture Capital firms in the Midwest.
We work out of a brand new, pet-friendly office in downtown Madison where meetings, bureaucracy, and hierarchy are abhorred, and building and solving problems are what matter above all else.
Rentable is a dynamic workplace where your work will be vital to helping a venture-backed, rapidly growing startup expand a validated business model to the rest of the country.
Perks of Working for Rentable
- Full benefits package
- 401k Program
- Open vacation policy (you take vacation when you want it)
- Laid back work environment/schedule
- Casual dress code
- Fun, vibrant, enthusiastic company culture