ABODO is looking for an experienced technical SEO engineer to seed and grow our growth team.
As an engineer on ABODO’s Growth team you’ll design, build and scale experiments that drives organic search growth and will allow our product to reach more renters who need our help. Versatility and passion is a must as your day-to-day work will impact large areas of the product and challenge your technical expertise as you develop across our front-end and back-end code base. This role demands a curious mind, a low ego to data and not afraid to ask questions and learn new things. Our Growth team’s mission expands across improving user experience - from providing better access through organic search to user engagement by conducting experiments and using insights from the data to drive our decisions.
Why should you join us?
You’ll be joining an exceptional engineering team that values continuous improvement, automated testing and a culture that puts engineering craft at the center of our being.
Our tools empower us to move fast and dive deep – building and deploying tests through feature flagging and distribution through traffic variants. Our engineering foundations will allow you to hit the ground running and have impact immediately.
ABODO values unique perspectives and backgrounds. Building a diverse and inclusive engineering team is important to us, and you should care about this too.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contribute to each step of the growth process, from ideation to implementation to release, including prototyping, running A/B tests, and pushing code into production.
- Asking the right questions about what drives growth, collecting relevant data, automate the analysis and define tests that improve the right metrics.
- Optimizing the digital acquisition strategy and focus on improving many metrics across different aspects of our digital marketing strategy.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- You focus primarily on the frontend but you’re comfortable working full-stack.
- You deliver experimental features with high velocity and code quality that meet the needs of our customers
- Ability to apply quantitative reasoning and UX design principles to building products.
- Experience and comfort with analytics tools such as Google Analytics
Nice to have:
- You have expertise in statistical data analysis and can manipulate large data sets.
- Experience optimizing pages for organic search traffic (SEO)
- Experience with React.js and Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Google Webmaster Tools
We’re a passionate, 40-member team, that spend most of our time figuring out how to solve the problems renters face when trying to find a new home.
Our passion and dedication has quickly made us one of the fastest growing startups in the state of Wisconsin, with backing from two of the largest Venture Capital firms in the Midwest.
We work out of a brand new downtown Madison pet-friendly office where meetings, bureaucracy, and hierarchy are abhorred, and building and solving problems are what matter above all else.
Ultimately, what ABODO offers is a dynamic workplace where your work will be vital to helping a venture-backed, rapidly growing startup expand a validated business model to the rest of the country.
Perks of working for ABODO
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Stock Options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Program
- Open Vacation Policy (you take vacation whenever you want)
- Laid back work environment/schedule
- Casual Dress Code
- Fun, Vibrant, Enthusiastic Company Culture