About Abnormal Security:
Abnormal Security is defining the next generation of email security defense. Our platform uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to baseline communication content, user identity, and behavioral signals in real-time and at-scale in order to detect the abnormalities of email attacks.
Customers love us because we consistently detect and stop what everyone else in the market can’t -- advanced attacks that have never been seen before -- and we do so with beautiful user interfaces and best-in-industry customer support.
Our veteran team has built some of the most enduring machine learning platforms at leading companies including Google, Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon, Microsoft, and Expanse. We are located in San Francisco,CA, New York, NY and Lehi, UT.
You will join the infrastructure and core platforms team as a primary member. Driving the security and privacy practice of our platforms and products, you will provide technical guidance and mentorship to the team. You champion security efforts across multiple engineering teams, and the whole company, contributing to the roadmap and the success of the company.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be one primary driver of security efforts within engineering for our platform and infrastructure teams
- Advocate security and privacy within the engineering organization, establishing frameworks and services to secure our products and systems
- You will collaborate closely with every engineering team to lead high-quality designs, coding, and tools for security & privacy
- You will identify, design, and implement the best security practices within all our products and projects.
- Opportunities to help build and mentor a dedicated security team
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent subject expertise in systems and infrastructure on the security side.
- Align with our VOICE principles Velocity, Ownership, Intellectual honesty, Customer obsession, Excellence.
- Ability to prioritize, reproduce, recommend remediations, and implement fixes for vulnerabilities.
- Keeps up with industry trends in security technology and threats.
- 5+ years of industry experience in security and privacy.
- Experience with Interpreted or Scripting languages, like: Python, Perl, Bash, Go, Ruby, PHP, etc.
- Deep understanding of web application and infrastructure security threats, exploits, prevention, and code auditing.
- Security experience with public cloud environments and technologies, especially on AWS.
- Experience in DevOps environments and automating security controls into the CI/CD process.
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI tools and knowledge of technologies like containers and microservices.
Why Abnormal Security:
- Competitive pay
- Full medical, dental, and vision health insurance benefits with life insurance, FSA, and 401k opportunities
- WFH stipends including phone, wellness and equipment
- When in office, daily catered lunches, coffee and snacks
- Generous PTO
- Strong growth opportunities and high ownership expectations
- Team-wide commitment to excellence, velocity, and customer-focus
- Everyone says they’re hyper-growth, we’re achieving it! Join a high-growth Silicon Valley startup, and experience what building a company, team, and product from the ground up looks like.
- Best-in-class customer traction and growth
Abnormal Security is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.