Abl helps school districts address equity and personalization in their schools through meaningful improvements to their master schedules. Master schedules are the pulse of school operations. Current scheduling tools are not designed to help school leaders meet the needs and personal interests of every student, resulting in growing achievement gaps in schools across the country.
In summer 2017, we launched our first product, a next-generation Master Scheduler that allows school leaders to build student-centric schedules with all the data they need to make more informed decisions. Developed in collaboration with secondary school leaders from around the country, Abl’s Master Scheduler is a smart, flexible tool that allows school leaders to meet the unique needs of every student and teacher. In the last year we have grown our offerings with analytic tools and professional development modules to help districts identify the scheduling strategies they need to adopt to close their gaps.
Abl Schools is looking for a Head of Sales who has built a high-performing sales machine and understands the nuanced sales process of K-12 schools. You will lead and grow Abl’s sales team, playing a flexible role in lead generation, closing deals, account management and reporting, managing reps, client feedback, and strategic planning for sales.
- Own our sales processes from lead gen to close to upsell, using a structured and data-driven approach.
- Create disciplined, repeatable processes so we can accurately forecast and meet our goals, including refining our sales team structure, sales model, sales training and collateral materials.
- Hire, manage and coach both the account management and account executive teams to drive both performance and accountability.
- Work with marketing to refine and manage our ideal customer profile, market segmentation and targeted messaging. Partner with our customers to deeply understand the K12 landscape.
- Lead from the front. You will start as a player-coach so it is important you demonstrate to the team you are the best salesperson in the room.
- Conduct engaging and impactful customer meetings, both virtually or onsite, traveling as necessary to maximize our time with school leadership. Get involved in every aspect of the deal from lead to relationship building to executive presentations and close.
- Work with product and the leadership team to ensure a tight feedback loop between market signals and our product roadmap
- 10+ years working in sales, customer success or another customer-facing role at an early stage software company, preferably enterprise SaaS
- 5+ years working in K-12 education, especially selling directly to CAOs and Superintendents
- Experience leading a sales team, developing territory and compensation plans
- Consultative seller, deeply connecting with customers rather than working from a standardized script. Experience w/ larger K12 enterprise sales with ACV of $50k or higher.
- Proven leadership ability with experience building a high-performing sales team
- Desire to work in an early-stage sales environment and lay the foundations of the company’s sales processes
- Results-focused, eager to meet or exceed company revenue goals
- Be equally comfortable with virtual sales calls (phone and video conference) and in-person customer meetings
- Collaborative team member who thrives on working and learning at a fast pace
Abl employees all share a passion for revolutionizing education through school design, whether or not they have prior experience working in the field. We value diversity of background and thought. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
A Note to Candidates
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.