Abl believes every student deserves the opportunity to make informed and meaningful choices about their life and future. Unfortunately, many students aren’t given the same opportunities due to systemic inequities. Abl offers advanced, data driven software and services to help K12 schools and districts identify and remove those inequities. Abl is currently doing this work with some of the largest districts in the country, such as Los Angeles Unified, New York Dept of Ed, Portland Public Schools, Denver Public Schools, and the state of Washington.
The Abl team is made up of veteran school leaders, district-level decision-makers, and teachers working together with veteran software engineers, designers, and data scientists.
We are looking for an experienced Strategic Consultant with a passion for equitable and excellent outcomes in education who will play a critical role collaborating with a small, fast-paced team to develop solutions that positively impact students and teachers. Your contributions will have a meaningful impact on our company and the lives of students across the country.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with Client Growth to nurture key strategic accounts and support the goal-setting process in strategic account plans.
- Set and drive account strategy through key customer touchpoints and cadences: kick-offs, PD deliveries, and collaborative check-ins with the Client Growth team.
- Create and iterate on best-in-class professional development and consulting content for school and district leaders supporting our north star of ensuring all students graduate with viable and meaningful options
- Collaborate with the Client Success Team to ensure internal stakeholders have the contacts and information they need to drive internal project management.
- Consult as needed during feature-development. Help R&D understand use cases, key learnings from prototype, and bring in additional subject matter expert perspectives to cover the breadth of requirements.
- Collaborate closely with R&D to develop and deliver prototypes.
- Communicate short and long term vision for project implementation and ensure it is universally understood by internal team
- Collaborate with Client Success to track, document, and communicate status and risks and health to customers and internal stakeholders, with particular attention paid to impact metrics.
- Monitor and report out on impact metrics to internal and external stakeholders
- Advocate for customers and their needs
What you've done
- You have leadership experience in K12, ideally in a secondary setting
- You have experience with creating and leading professional development and a strong vision for how adults learn
- You can clearly articulate a definition for equitable outcomes for students and can speak expansively on the topic of College and Career Readiness
- You understand the role scheduling plays in school and district improvement and can describe how to leverage the process strategically
- You have experience leading a team towards ambitious goals and are comfortable tracking and monitoring progress.
- Experience working within a startup environment a plus.
What we'll do
- We'll work as a team to help district and school leaders challenge the status quo and create equitable learning opportunities.
- Design and deliver exceptionally high-quality PD to support school and district leaders in their efforts to improve college and career readiness with an equity lens.
- We’ll learn from your expertise and iterate on our own practices as a team and organization
Abl employees all share a passion for revolutionizing education through school design, whether or not they have prior experience working in the field. We value diversity. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together.
A Note to Candidates
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.