Are you a strategic thinker with a bias towards action? Are you passionate and mission-motivated? Do you believe everyone should be given an opportunity to realize their vision of success? If so, you may be the right person for the job.
Abl believes every student deserves the opportunity to maximize their potential by making informed and meaningful choices about their lives and futures. Unfortunately, many students aren’t given the same opportunities due to systemic inequities perpetuated by outdated, unresponsive systems. Abl offers advanced, data-driven software and services to help K12 school and district leaders identify and remove those barriers to equity. We currently do this work with some of the country’s largest districts, such as Los Angeles Unified, New York Dept of Education, Portland Public Schools, Denver Public Schools, and the state of Washington.
We are looking to add a collaborative and resourceful Product Marketing Manager who can clearly articulate the value of abl. solutions in our clients’ voice. The role will involve a high degree of accountability, including developing and coordinating innovative marketing solutions, often in collaboration with multiple departments. If you have these experiences coupled with intrinsic curiosity, industriousness, a team-oriented mentality, and a natural ability to fit into our dynamic culture, then you’re an ideal candidate!
- Develop strategies, plans and lead the execution of integrated marketing plans. Key areas of focus include - consumer/market research, audience segmentation, competitive analysis, product feature assessment, key benefits articulation, overall product value proposition, and sales enablement creation.
- Provide product requirements and feedback to Product Management by listening and learning from prospects, competitors, and existing clients. Ensure the market is reflected in product and design decisions and business cases.
- Collaborate with the product and leadership teams to inform roadmap priority and market strategy based on research and ensure alignment with sales and marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate and communicate directly with the product, services, and sales teams to ensure our messaging and positioning evolves to resonate with clients based on in-market learnings. Use expert storytelling to communicate the value and benefits of our solutions in addressing client needs or problems.
- Drive market intelligence—Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned to recommend product updates or feature enhancements to position abl as the market leader.
- Craft the launch and go-to-market plans for product releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the strategy across sales, marketing, product management, and operations.
- Research and maintain key audience personas to inform go-to-market strategies and audience targeting.
- Ensure all relevant internal and external audiences are informed on the product roadmap, including all upcoming releases, updates, new products, and product or packaging changes.
- Collaborate with our sales to develop sales tools and training to facilitate the selling process of our products.
- Tackle strategic and tactical ad hoc marketing projects that arise from sales, product, and the executive team for both internal and external communications.
As a part of the marketing team, you will report directly to our Head of Marketing.
- Ability to write in a clear, client-focused language while ensuring it is succinct and of a high standard.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills, including a successful track record of collaboration across the organization (product management, marketing, design, sales training, etc.) in developing and implementing projects and programs.
- Strong results-orientation combined with excellent judgment, problem-solving skills, and a desire for continuous improvement.
- A team player who shares results learns from experiments and happily tackles big goals.
- Comfortable gathering, analyzing, and synthesizing data from a variety of sources
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects and activities all at once.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Serious self-starter who enjoys producing and seeing their work come to life.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: empathy, listening, and the ability to deliver meaningful and actionable feedback in all situations
- Knowledge and expertise in SAAS product management and development.
- Demonstrated ownership of go-to-market product plans, sales training, community management, and best practices.
Abl employees share a passion for revolutionizing education, whether or not they have prior experience working in the field. We value the diversity of background and thought. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle challenging problems together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
A Note to Candidates
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they check all the boxes listed in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may come from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.