Abl believes every student deserves the opportunity to make informed and meaningful choices about their life and future. Unfortunately, many students aren’t given the same opportunities due to systemic inequities. Abl offers advanced, data driven software and services to help K12 schools and districts identify and remove those inequities. Abl is currently doing this work with some of the largest districts in the country, such as Los Angeles Unified, New York Dept of Ed, Portland Public Schools, Denver Public Schools, and the state of Washington.
The Abl team is made up of veteran school leaders, district-level decision-makers, and teachers working together with veteran software engineers, designers, and data scientists.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Strategic Consulting with a passion for education who will play a critical role collaborating with a small, fast-paced team to develop solutions that positively impact students and teachers. Your contributions will have a meaningful impact on our company and the lives of students across the country.
What you'll do
- Inspire and lead the team of impact leads and consultants who will be responsible for driving our customers towards equity and excellence in their academic environments
- Identify opportunities for our Strategic Consulting Roadmap to accelerate our short and long term impact, value, and business goals. You’ll collaborate with the broader R&D team (Product Design, Data Science and Data Operations), Client Success, Client Growth, Marketing, and Operations
- Systems, policies, and other elements leading to recurring work with customers
- Recruit and manage the team who will execute this vision and roadmap
- Serve as an executive sponsor on key accounts to establish Abl as a legitimate equity authority
- Define our vision and approach for equity both generally and specifically internally and externally
- Define and execute towards the metrics that we track to measure impact
- Collaborate with Operations to educate Ablers on what “equity-driven” means at Abl and for our customers
What you've done
- You have leadership experience in K12 (edtech or within district)
- You have leadership experience as an equity thought-leader
- You have experience with professional development and a strong vision for how adults learn
- You can clearly articulate a definition for equity and speak expansively on key equity issues in K12
- You have experience leading a team towards ambitious goals and are comfortable tracking and monitoring progress.
- Experience working within a startup environment is a plus.
What we'll do
- We'll work as a team to help school leaders challenge the status quo and create equitable learning opportunities.
- We’ll learn from your expertise and iterate on our own practices as a team and organization
Abl employees all share a passion for revolutionizing education through school design, whether or not they have prior experience working in the field. We value diversity. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together.
A Note to Candidates
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.