Abl’s dynamic school scheduling platform makes it easy to design and manage the daily life of your school. Our simple, cloud-based tools work alongside your student information system and eliminate the need for spreadsheets, magnet boards, and stacks of papers.
Our first product is a next-generation Master Scheduler that simplifies and streamlines the entire master scheduling process. Developed in collaboration with secondary schools from around the country, Abl’s Master Scheduler is a smart, flexible platform that enables school leaders to quickly visualize tradeoffs and meet the unique needs of every student and teacher.
Abl is seeking a creative former education professional who can help us scale our customer training experience. In a perfect world, this candidate will also have experience in early-to-mid stage edtech, particularly in the realm of services. We believe that the master schedule is the blueprint for the school. If you are passionate about the schedule as a lever for change and enjoy coaching peers to successfully implement new tools and processes, we want to talk to you!
- Scaling high-quality PD and training via consultants, trainers, and partnerships
- Revitalize and re-envision systems at schools across the country
- Create more personalized and equitable school infrastructures
- Support trainers and school leaders in optimizing human and time resources
- Improve conditions for teaching and learning
- Experience developing and delivering engaging, high-quality professional development and associated collateral
- Experience with early-stage teams and working environments, comfort with ambiguity and shifting priorities
- Experience with district strategic plans, resource allocation, and exposure to school schedule creation
- Experience leveraging partnerships to extend scale and capacity
- Adept at quickly building trust with school and district stakeholders
- Comfort and desire to work remotely, as well as willingness to travel significantly
- Versed in the operation of school technology, including SIS systems
Roles & Responsibilities
- Scale and develop Professional Development and Training content for diverse groups of educators including Superintendents, District Leaders, School Leaders, Teachers, Counselors and Master Schedulers
- Manage and train contractors to support training and office hours
- Execute both in-person and virtual Professional Development and Training experiences resulting in high customer satisfaction and proficiency toward improved master scheduling practices
- Communicate in a clear and timely manner with both internal and external stakeholders
- Other tasks as determined with manager
Abl employees all share a passion for revolutionizing education through school design, whether or not they have prior experience working in the field. We value diversity of background and thought. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you
A Note to Candidates:
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.