Abl’s dynamic school scheduling platform makes it easy to design and manage the daily life of your school. Our simple, cloud-based tools work alongside your student information system and eliminate the need for spreadsheets, magnet boards, and stacks of papers.
Our first product is a next-generation Master Scheduler that simplifies and streamlines the entire master scheduling process. Developed in collaboration with secondary schools from around the country, Abl’s Master Scheduler is a smart, flexible platform that enables school leaders to quickly visualize tradeoffs and meet the unique needs of every student and teacher.
Abl is seeking a creative Senior Customer Support Manager. The ideal candidate is a seasoned customer support specialist, with experience taking early-stage Ed Tech companies to scale. In a perfect world, this candidate is also an experienced educator with exposure to school scheduling. We believe that the master schedule is the blueprint for the school. You should be passionate about supporting our product and analytics as a lever for equitable change and energized by the prospect of helping district and school leaders think through challenging, data-driven decisions.
- Become a founding member of Abl’s Services team, and help define team strategy as we scale
- Coach school leaders through technical and strategic implementation of Abl’s current and future products while further developing our support infrastructure
- Scale our support infrastructure through a period of 4x growth
- Iterate on and implement self-service training and support materials to build customer autonomy and capacity
- Work closely with Services team to codify and scale school implementation processes through Abl’s current and future products
- Document customer requirements and needs and identify opportunities for new product development and support optimizations
- Iterate on and implement the flow of inbound customer issues to the development and data ops teams and improve our escalation cycle
- Improve conditions for teaching AND learning!
- Experience scaling support infrastructure for an early-stage, ideally Ed Tech, company
- 2+ of education experience, ideally in a secondary school
- Comfort with keeping EST working hours
- Experience coaching peers or clients through high-stakes processes
- Experience with early-stage teams and working environments, comfort with ambiguity and shifting priorities
- An “Always Be Learning” mindset - independent learner-driven to dive into a complex new domain
- Comfort and desire to work remotely, as well as a willingness to travel.
Abl employees all share a passion for revolutionizing education through school design, whether or not they have prior experience working in the field. We value diversity of background and thought. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
A Note to Candidates:
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.