Founded by Adam Pisoni, the co-founder and former CTO of Yammer, Abl is an early-stage EdTech company developing a data insights platform for K12 schools and districts.
In summer 2017, we launched our first product, a next-generation Master Scheduler that allows school leaders to build student-centric schedules. Master schedules are the pulse of school operations. Current scheduling tools are not designed to help school leaders meet the needs and personal interests of every student.
Abl Schools is looking for an Office Manager who has at least 2 years of experience managing an office, preferably in a start-up environment.
- Ensure a simple, clean, and organized office environment by keeping supplies stocked, processing mail and deliveries, greeting and assisting office guests and set up for external meetings
- Manage vendors/contractors, including catering/snacks vendors, Taskrabbits, electrical contractors, IT resources, office furniture and equipment, and others
- Onboard new employees: work with recruiting team, equipment procurement with employee experience and retention in mind
- Assign email and other Abl office tools to new employees
- Coordinate company social events, including happy hours, in-office meetups, quarterly team event events onsite & offsite, while managing the budget
- Schedule quarterly board meetings, pre- meetings offsite, catering and IT
- Manage the company credit card and reconcile all expenses monthly in Expensify
- Assist marketing team with a busy conference schedule, this can include: swag, printed materials, AV, hotel rooms/travel, registration, speaking proposal submissions, lead contact information into CRM
- Oversee facilities, including kitchen, HVAC, lighting and IT (no experience necessary, but a willingness to identify and fix problems quickly is a requirement). Bonus points for having managed an office move.
- Support the CEO with travel and calendar
- 1-2 years of operations and administrative experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work both on a team and independently
- Willingness to proactively and creatively solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills: friendly and professional
Abl employees all share a passion for revolutionizing education through school design, whether or not they have prior experience working in the field. We value the diversity of background and thought. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
A Note to Candidates:
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.