Abl helps secondary schools address equity and personalization through meaningful improvements to their master schedules. Master schedules are the pulse of school operations. Current scheduling tools are not designed to help school leaders meet the needs and personal interests of every student.
In summer 2017, we launched our first product, a next-generation Master Scheduler that allows school leaders to build student-centric schedules. Developed in collaboration with secondary school leaders from around the country, Abl’s Master Scheduler is a smart, flexible tool that allows school leaders to meet the unique needs of every student and teacher.
Abl is looking for a remote Sr. Account Executive based on the east coast, who has a consultative sales process and can deeply connect with our customers who are typically High School Principals and District Superintendents. You should have a consistent record of driving success through effective goal creation and execution.
- 5+ years inside/outside sales experience selling an education SaaS product
- Physically located on the East Coast, preferably the South East Coast
- A consultative seller, deeply connecting with customers rather than working from a standardized script to sell solutions not just software
- The desire to work in an early-stage startup and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Results focused, eager to meet or exceed company revenue goals
- Organized and prompt; quickly follow-up on all new leads with minimal lag time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A collaborative team member who flourishes with working and learning at a fast pace
- Proficient in web-based applications (Outreach.io) and programs to effectively manage pipeline in Hubspot.
- Cultivate relationships and engage with prospects to uncover needs to position our master scheduler in the K-12 market
- Work diligently to position our SaaS solution to new prospects and expand presence in our existing client base
- Will report directly to our Head of Sales, his name is Jon, he’s a cool guy and even better, he’s not a micro-manager
- Establish a focused sales strategy for large-sized districts
- Conduct virtual presentations via Zoom
- Occasional travel for on-site presentations and industry conferences
- Document all customer information and interactions in Outreach.io and Hubspot
- Generate weekly and quarterly reports on the sales pipeline and key sales metrics
- Prospect leads in Outreach.io, LinkedIn and through multiple other channels
- Cold call prospective clients in order to identify qualified decision makers, build an effective pipeline, and present master scheduling application
- Follow-up on inbound inquiries
- Navigate district organizational structures to get past gatekeepers and influence decision makers
- Help spread new, innovative school models to existing schools
- Improve the everyday experience of teachers and administrators
- Significantly improve student outcomes
- Give schools greater visibility into how they use their time and resources, enabling them to better support their students and teachers
Abl employees all share a passion for revolutionizing education through school design, whether or not they have prior experience working in the field. We value diversity of background and thought. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
A Note to Candidates:
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.