Abl helps secondary schools address equity and personalization through meaningful improvements to their master schedules. Master schedules are the pulse of school operations. Current scheduling tools are not designed to help school leaders meet the needs and personal interests of every student.
In summer 2017, we launched our first product, a next-generation Master Scheduler that allows school leaders to build student-centric schedules. Developed in collaboration with secondary school leaders from around the country, Abl’s Master Scheduler is a smart, flexible tool that allows school leaders to meet the unique needs of every student and teacher.
Abl is looking for a Sales Development Rep who is naturally inquisitive, and a problem solver. You should have a consistent record of driving success through effective goal creation and execution.
- 2+ years working in sales, customer success or other customer-facing roles at an early stage software company, preferably enterprise SaaS
- A consultative seller, deeply connecting with customers rather than working from a standardized script
- The desire to work in an early-stage startup
- Results focussed, eager to meet or exceed company revenue goals
- Organized and prompt; quickly follow-up on all new leads with minimal lag time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A collaborative team member who flourishes with working and learning at a fast pace
- Document all customer information and interactions in Outreach.io and Hubspot
- Work directly under our Head of Sales to generate new leads
- Generate weekly and quarterly reports on the sales pipeline and key sales metrics
- Prospect leads in Outreach.io, LinkedIn and through multiple other channels
- Cold call prospective clients in order to identify qualified decision makers, build an effective pipeline, and schedule meetings for the head of sales
- Follow-up on inbound inquiries
- Navigate district organizational structures to get past gatekeepers and influence decision makers
- Help spread new, innovative school models to existing schools
- Improve the everyday experience of teachers and administrators
- Significantly improve student outcomes
- Give schools greater visibility into how they use their time and resources, enabling them to better support their students and teachers
Abl employees all share a passion for revolutionizing education through school design, whether or not they have prior experience working in the field. We value diversity of background and thought. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.