Founded by Adam Pisoni, the co-founder and former CTO of Yammer, Abl’s mission is to transform education by helping all schools redesign the student experience.
We do this by working at the heart of the structures that prevent schools from changing – such as a school’s “master schedule.” You may have never heard of the master schedule, but it deeply impacted your middle school and high school experience. Remember the days of requesting classes for the upcoming year? Or getting your new schedule and wanting to change it? The master schedule controls all that, and it’s a broken process that school leaders across the country want to fix. At Abl, we’re working hard to improve this incredibly complex system and give school leaders the freedom to rethink the school experience for *all* students.
We’re looking for our first Director of Finance and Operations. You'll join a strong team of 25 Ablers and report directly to the CEO. You'll work directly with our leadership team to help shape and manage finance, hr, and other operational activities. We are looking for someone creative and organized who can help design and manage systems that will help us scale to the next level.
- Manage company operations including finance, AP, legal, and HR
- Develop financial models, forecasts, and budgets
- Assist CEO with fundraising, creating pitch decks and financial diligence materials. Help create materials for board meetings
- Work with our leadership team to design and track KPIs to monitor the health of every aspect of the business
- Work with Head of Sales to develop pricing & packaging and business development strategies
- Help design and execute a people strategy for growing our team while maintaining and strengthening our mission-driven, collaborative and inclusive culture
- Design and manage key people-related programs including onboarding, cultural initiatives, engagement and retention, performance management, and career development
- Organize and execute team-building events such as our quarterly all-company onsites.
- Experience leading a broad set of company operations at an enterprise SaaS startup
- Experience growing a business and managing P&L
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience designing and leading employee programs
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- A finance degree, business degree or experience at a top-tier management consulting firm and/or investment banking firm a plus
Abl employees all share a passion for revolutionizing education through school design, whether or not they have prior experience working in the field. We value the diversity of background and thought. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.