Join our mission-driven organization, where your work matters and a diversity of ideas and backgrounds are welcomed. AbleTo is the leading provider of high quality, technology-enabled behavioral health care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high-quality care and offer a suite of technology-enabled services to empower people to lead better lives through better mental health. A proprietary platform connects individuals with AbleTo highly trained licensed providers who deliver weekly sessions by phone or video supported by an integrated digital experience. Members also have access to mental health coaches, and digital support programs. Our outcomes-focused approach is proven to improve both behavioral and physical health and lower medical costs.
Data is integral to nearly everything that we do at AbleTo, and as a result the Analytics Engineering team plays a key role at our organization. You are passionate to work with data, have the curiosity to dive deeply into issues, and feel empowered to make a meaningful impact at a mission-driven company. The Analytics Engineering team is responsible for the Business Intelligence Semantic layer and capturing, storing, organizing and serving up SQL-Modeled data assets, supporting many departments including data scientists, advanced analytics and supporting useful and actionable reporting for the business.
The Tech Lead should have a unique combination of leadership, business and deep technical skills that can interpret business needs, now and future, and design solutions that improve outcomes and scale. You will partner with various teams and leaders to assess requirements, define strategy, and deliver solutions that meet business needs.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and manage analytics engineers as direct reports. Represent and support the team across different parts of our organization.
- Build cross-functional relationships to understand data needs and lead large-scale and complex projects
- Design, build, implement and maintain Business Intelligence Semantic Layer (Looker, LookML) and support DevOps with environment specific configuration specifications.
- Design, build, implement and maintain SQL-Modeled Datasets (using dbt) and the orchestration of dependencies for consistent outcomes
- Design, build, implement and maintain services / scripts (e.g., Python)
- Lead discussions with various departments to conduct data analysis of the existing data landscape by identifying, documenting and connecting systems and data required to execute identified processes
- Collaborate with Data Engineers, Internal teams and Clients to ensure the high availability, integrity and confidentiality of healthcare data
- Design conceptual, physical and logical data models including data diagrams and source to target mappings and coordinate with Data Architecture for integration with the Data Platform
- Maintain and refine standards, best practices, and guidelines for Analytics Engineering
- Support the Data Governance team and the business to drive continuous improvement
- Ensure data structures and processes meet security, compliance and availability requirements
- Work with teams from concept to operations, providing deep technical subject matter expertise for successfully deploying large-scale data solutions in the enterprise, using modern data / analytics technologies
Who You Are:
- You are a collaborator. You build and maintain strong, productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers.
- You are an engineer. You have a strong sense of architectural patterns (and anti-patterns) and an intuition of what it takes to get complex projects shipped.
- You hustle. You don't need to wait for people to tell you what to work on.
- You are empathetic. You seek to understand each individual’s diversity of background and thought.
- You are a mentor. You build others up through feedback, training sessions, etc.
- 5+ years SQL
- 5+ years of Data Modeling for Data Lake, Data Marts and Data Warehousing
- 5+ years of administration and configuration experience with Business Intelligence tools, such as Looker
- 2+ years of experience with orchestration tools, such as Airflow
- 2+ years of Python experience
- Experience working on a cloud platform, such as Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in a team-based development environment (e.g., CI/CD, Git)
- Experience with Batch data integration (ETL/ELT)
- Experience with working on Agile teams and leveraging Jira
- Experience interacting with RESTful services
- Healthcare experience is a plus
- Experience with a Data Catalog is a plus
Why You Should Join Our Team:
We’re proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company. We want you to show up and feel your best at work, and that means respecting your time outside of work. Our inclusive, flexible workspace prioritizes a work/life balance. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive health benefits (for full-time employees), and professional perks such as 401K matching, fully funded HRA, and generous time off, including mental health days because your well-being is important to us.
At AbleTo, we’re empowering people to get better and stay better. Want to join us? Take the next step in your career by applying for our role today.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AbleTo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. AbleTo is an E-Verify company.