Join our mission-driven organization, where your work matters and a diversity of ideas and backgrounds are welcomed. AbleTo is the leading provider of high quality, technology-enabled behavioral health care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high-quality care and offer a suite of technology-enabled services to empower people to lead better lives through better mental health. A proprietary platform connects individuals with AbleTo highly trained licensed providers who deliver weekly sessions by phone or video supported by an integrated digital experience. Members also have access to mental health coaches, and digital support programs. Our outcomes-focused approach is proven to improve both behavioral and physical health and lower medical costs.
As a key member of AbleTo’s Architecture team, Enterprise Architects lead the charge establishing a strategic vision for the consumer technology stack. You will work with our talented team of remote engineers, designers and product managers to build the systems that manage our member’s care journey. We are a team committed to agile value delivery and solid engineering principles, as well as continuously improving our craft. If you love shipping software that delivers deep and meaningful impact to people’s mental and behavioral health, join us!
- Engage with other architects and technical staff to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs
- Demonstrate broad, solutions-based technical leadership which positively impacts technical direction
- Exert influence to the entire organization to drive agreement and adoption of architectural initiatives
- Develop proof-of-concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping, and production deployment of technical solutions
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications
- Create detailed technical diagrams and documentation of architectural initiatives
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, business impacts and timelines of architectural initiatives
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains
Key Initiatives in first 15 months: (Development, Support, Thought leadership)
- Migrating to Auth0 for Authentication & Authorization
- Integrating with our new platform (event based & microservice architecture)
- Integrating with a content management system for dynamic treatment protocols
- Enabling feature flags for the platform
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- 5+ years experience building, designing and implementing a large-scale microservice architecture; application migrations
- 3+ years experience with mobile application software development and a cross platform framework (Ionic, Xamarine, React Native)
- Experience with Event-Driven Architecture and constituent technologies (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis,Pub/Sub) and patterns (Event Sourcing, etc)
- Strong ability to break down a problem to the core issue that needs to be addressed, taking into account multiple variables and relationships that may affect the resolution
- Solution shaping and problem solving by exploring the “art of the possible” to come up with a simple solution that effectively addresses the issues at hand
- Strong ability to build consensus by establishing a trusted relationship with our stakeholders in order to gain agreement on the problem and solution.
- Proven ability to turn solutions into reality by effectively addressing known and new issues raised by all stakeholders throughout the SDLC
- Strong leadership skills are needed to establish a balanced perspective of intentential and emergent architecture.
Why You Should Join Our Team:
We take pride in putting people first above all, including our own team members. We provide our team, and their families, with a wealthy benefits package to care for their physical, financial, and professional health, equipped with medical, dental, and vision benefits, a generously-funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), no-cost mental health support, gym membership reimbursement, 401K matching, and plenty more. Our “One Team” approach to fostering our culture has built an environment of mutual respect, empathy, and transparency (with a little bit of fun!). We empower people of all backgrounds to excel at AbleTo. Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are just a part of our Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity initiatives. Our unique approach to career development is simply that: unique to you. No two people are alike, and neither should be their growth plan, which is why we work with each employee to design an individual development path.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AbleTo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. AbleTo is an E-Verify company.