Join our mission-driven organization, where your work matters and a diversity of ideas and backgrounds are welcomed. AbleTo is the leading provider of high quality, technology-enabled behavioral health care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high-quality care and offer a suite of technology-enabled services to empower people to lead better lives through better mental health. A proprietary platform connects individuals with AbleTo highly trained licensed providers who deliver weekly sessions by phone or video supported by an integrated digital experience. Members also have access to mental health coaches, and digital support programs. Our outcomes-focused approach is proven to improve both behavioral and physical health and lower medical costs.
As a key member of AbleTo’s Quality engineering team, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining and executing software to test our products. You will work with our talented team of remote engineers to build tools to improve team speed, quality and efficiency. We are a team committed to agile value delivery and solid engineering principles, as well as continuously improving our craft. If you love shipping software that delivers deep and meaningful impact to people’s mental and behavioral health, join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in validating the design and development of highly available, scalable distributed systems
- Own the design, development and implementation of tests that will help in validating end to end distributed micro web services
- Code review new features, pull requests, unit, functional and integration tests for quality and completeness
- Define automation test strategy, implement & execute automated test cases, and analyze test outputs to maximize product quality.
- Drive quality engineering best practices and initiatives across the whole organization
- Work with Engineering management to identify and implement process improvements to continuously improve the team's productivity and efficiency.
- Knowledge share and mentor other team members to foster a “One Team” test first environment
- Review other team members' work and hold other team members accountable for high quality software.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years working experience as a Software Engineer in Test
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science principles in algorithms and data structures
- Experience with Unit Testing Frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG (preferably Jest)
- Proven experience creating automation frameworks and tools to support test automation
- 5+ years of proven experience in API test automation (preferably RESTful API’s )
- Understanding of distributed systems theory, concurrency, and testing large enterprise scalable systems
- Hands-on experience setting up and maintaining Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines (GitLab preferred)
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment utilizing service virtualization
- Understanding of SQL and Relational databases
- Demonstrated knowledge of test methodologies, test design and extensive QA workflow experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Why You Should Join Our Team:
We’re proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company. We want you to show up and feel your best at work, and that means respecting your time outside of work. Our inclusive, flexible workspace prioritizes a work/life balance. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive health benefits (for full-time employees), and professional perks such as 401K matching, fully funded HRA, and generous time off, including mental health days because your well-being is important to us.
At AbleTo, we’re empowering people to get better and stay better. Want to join us? Take the next step in your career by applying for this role today.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AbleTo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. AbleTo is an E-Verify company.