Join our mission-driven organization, where your work matters and a diversity of ideas and backgrounds are welcomed. AbleTo is the leading provider of high quality, technology-enabled behavioral health care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high-quality care and offer a suite of technology-enabled services to empower people to lead better lives through better mental health. A proprietary platform connects individuals with AbleTo highly trained licensed providers who deliver weekly sessions by phone or video supported by an integrated digital experience. Members also have access to mental health coaches, and digital support programs. Our outcomes-focused approach is proven to improve both behavioral and physical health and lower medical costs.
AbleTo is the leading provider of high-quality, technology-enabled behavioral health care. AbleTo believes that everyone deserves access to high-quality care, and offers a suite of technology-enabled services to empower people to lead better lives through better mental health. A proprietary platform connects individuals with AbleTo highly trained licensed providers who deliver weekly sessions by phone or video supported by an integrated digital experience. Members also have access to mental health coaches, and digital support programs. Clinical best practices are leveraged across all services to ensure individuals are getting the care they need. Our outcomes-focused care is proven to improve depression and anxiety by over 50% on average, as demonstrated in several peer-reviewed studies. For patients with high-cost medical conditions, our clinically-tailored treatment is proven to reduce medical costs with care that empowers the patient to address their health needs. AbleTo partners with payers to make high-quality care accessible, affordable and convenient for millions of people to get the treatment they need.
As the Senior Product Manager for the Digital+ team, you will drive the product strategy and roadmap for the Digital+ product - a coach led, digital cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) program. You will play a critical role in driving the user experience and growth of this product as we re-define Coaching at AbleTo.
You will partner closely with design, clinical and business counterparts to turn complex product requirements into an engaging experience - using a data-driven approach to determine success, iterate & evolve the product strategy. You’ll work in an agile environment, collaborating across disciplines and teams to develop and implement features against business goals. You will work closely with engineers to break down complex problems, scoping requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria. You will be responsible for cross-functional communication of project statuses and the on-time completion of milestones and deliverables.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with product leadership and cross-functional teams to align on business priorities and strategies
- Own features and strategy for delivering true business value that ties outcomes to business objectives
- Lead your team of engineering, design, and QA by setting a clear vision, metrics, and direction for your product
- Create and review business requirements and communicate them effectively
- Experience writing detailed, complete user stories and requirements
- Define KPIs and strategic initiatives for the platform team, overseeing timely releases
- Develop user journeys, conduct analysis on the product scope with the engineering team (either internal or third party)
- Collaborate closely with internal design and engineering teams, third-party technology partners, additional product teams, and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Have ownership of the full product development process: problem identification, solution design and scoping, implementation, adoption, and validation.
- Leverage insights and feedback from clients, prospects, and internal partners and make/communicate the necessary tradeoffs to build an excellent offering
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of demonstrated product management experience
- Experience building consumer-facing products, bonus if in the healthcare space
- Strong technical understanding and experience working with engineering to navigate technical discussions, translating client and business needs into solid requirements
- Strong communication, collaboration, interpersonal and leadership skills
- User-centric, quantitative, and qualitative methods to unearth product opportunities and validate ideas (AB testing, prototyping, etc.)
- Excellent cross-functional project management skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage demanding timelines
- A proactive, positive disposition to creatively problem-solve
- Experience working with remote, geographically distributed teams, with senior leader
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced, ambitious environment
- Eagerness to learn and grow
Why You Should Join Our Team:
We’re proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company. We want you to show up and feel your best at work, and that means respecting your time outside of work. Our inclusive, flexible workspace prioritizes a work/life balance. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive health benefits (for full-time employees), and professional perks such as 401K matching, fully funded HRA, and generous time off, including mental health days because your well-being is important to us. At AbleTo, we’re empowering people to get better and stay better. Want to join us? Take the next step in your career by applying for this role today.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AbleTo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. AbleTo is an E-Verify company.