Join our mission-driven organization, where your work matters and a diversity of ideas and backgrounds are welcomed. AbleTo is the leading provider of high quality, technology-enabled behavioral health care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high-quality care and offer a suite of technology-enabled services to empower people to lead better lives through better mental health. A proprietary platform connects individuals with AbleTo highly-trained licensed providers who deliver weekly sessions by phone or video, supported by an integrated digital experience. Members also have access to mental health coaches and digital support programs. Our outcomes-focused approach is proven to improve both behavioral and physical health and lower medical costs.
We are seeking a Senior Escalations Engineer to join other talented engineers in enhancing both platform performance and usability. This role requires a highly-technical person who can troubleshoot and fix production defects and sniff out problematic areas of the code before they become high-impact production issues. Our tech stack includes PHP (Laravel), Vue JS, and MySQL.
What you’ll do
- Work within a team of product development engineers to craft fault-tolerant, scalable enhancements to our cloud-hosted, containerized web application
- Provide readable, secure, and efficient code you’ll take pride in shipping
- Collaborate with Support and Site Reliability Engineers to diagnose production defects
- Review observability data to identify and prioritize unreported problems
- Drive improvements in incident response processes, runbooks, and dev documentation
Who you are
- Collaborative. You partner with software developers and QA engineers to provide lasting fixes to software issues big and small
- Curious. You pull threads, look under rocks, create and test hypotheses.
- Communicative. You “over communicate” to teammates and stakeholders and provide clear, concise documentation.
- Committed to excellence. You identify and implement lasting solutions, and delight in improving the provider experience and participant health.
- Strong skills building and maintaining full stack, database-driven PHP applications (ideally using the Laravel Framework)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years of experience in support/sustaining role for customer-facing products
- Strong relational database skills as well as working knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Experience troubleshooting enterprise software problems
- Experience with application performance monitoring tools (Datadog, New Relic)
- Nice to haves
- experience with Google Cloud Platform
- experience with the Healthcare domain, particularly security and privacy aspects
Why You Should Join Our Team
We’re proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company. We want you to show up and feel your best at work, and that means respecting your time outside of work. Our inclusive, flexible workspace prioritizes a work/life balance. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive health benefits (for full-time employees), and professional perks such as 401K matching, fully funded HRA, and generous time off, including mental health days because your well-being is important to us.
At AbleTo, we’re empowering people to get better and stay better. Want to join us? Take the next step in your career by applying for this role today.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AbleTo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. AbleTo is an E-Verify company.