AbleTo combines best-in-class participant engagement with behavior change treatment programs that allow health plans and plan sponsors to improve health outcomes, while lowering overall spending, for high-cost medical populations. Benefitting groups include heart patients and diabetics, as well as those suffering from depression, anxiety, and chronic pain. All sixteen of our programs utilize best-practice protocols and are delivered nationally by teams of licensed therapists and behavior coaches. Program participants experience improved health, better recovery, and in the case of heart patients, fewer hospitalizations.
AbleTo is looking for candidates to serve as Behavioral Coaches for participants enrolled in our programs. While working collaboratively with a Therapist, the Behavioral Coach will meet with participants telephonically or by video and will present participants with new tools and resources to make concrete lifestyle changes. The Behavioral Coach works to understand participants specific goals and needs, helps them focus on actionable skills, and supports them in building healthy, life-long habits through structured, evidence-based protocols.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who shares in our ambitious mission to transform behavioral health care, has experience coaching adults in a mental health setting, possesses emotional intelligence & empathy, has strong communication skills (written & verbal), and is passionate about maintaining high quality participant services.
Becoming an AbleTo Behavioral Coach is a unique opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the well-being of others. AbleTo coaches deliver compassionate guidance to people in need and receive immense personal satisfaction from positively changing lives.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver remote behavioral health coaching throughout an 8-week evidence-based program.
- Monitor participant progress, provide follow-up communications and care coordination recommendations, and document session notes.
- Participate as a member of the care team and assist participants as needed with accessing resources, as well as obtaining consent and authorization forms.
- Identify and respond to high-risk participant encounters with elevated safety concerns, following company protocols.
- Be an active participant in an active supervisory relationship.
- Participate in monthly team meetings and Town Halls.
- Maintain the highest standards of confidentiality as described in HIPAA Privacy & Security policies, and ensure compliance with annual training requirements.
Who You Are:
- Master’s in Psychology or related Behavioral Health discipline; or
- Bachelor’s in Psychology or related Behavioral Health discipline with either:
- NBC-HWC, ICF, or BCC certification or
- RN work experience
- 3+ years experience coaching or counseling adults within a mental health setting.
- Must have at least 13-15 hours of weekly availability, which can include evenings and weekends.
- Must have private, dependable access to an internet-connected computer with a webcam and headset (earphones & microphone).
- Must be knowledgeable of or have some understanding of cognitive behavioral approaches, short-term therapy approaches, anxiety, and depression.
- Must have a range of experience addressing behavioral health, medical, and life transition challenges with adults; including patient safety management.
- Tech-savvy & a willingness to learn new platforms.
- Familiarity with the latest remote working tools.
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to manage workload in an independent setting.
- Experience with team collaboration and coordination of care with external resources.
- Possess cultural competence & humility: provide coaching to participants from diverse backgrounds.
- Must be physically located in the US.
- Spanish-speaking bilingual skills preferred.
- Work experience with Medicare or Medicaid population.
Why You Should Join Our Team:
As a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company, we’re committed to building a collaborative and supportive working environment that champions growth and fuels innovation. Want to join us? Take the next step in your career by applying to our Behavioral Coach role today.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AbleTo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. AbleTo is an E-Verify company.