Do you enjoy the thrill of building complex full-stack solutions with ever-evolving interfaces? Would you like to create products for several industries, following our thesis of impacting the world to make it a better place for all?
If so, Able may be the right place for you, where we connect creative and challenging projects with a passionate and well-intended team—plus many other perks to boot, and we’d love to hear from you!
We are Able, a company building products through a portfolio model, and we are looking to grow our team with a Senior Full-Stack Ruby Engineer.
What you’ll be doing
In short, someone who likes:
- working closely with Product teams and partners to shape and ship effective solutions
- building server-side applications (as well as RESTful APIs) using Ruby and Rails
- developing client-side applications mixing React and Redux, and a dash of HTML5 and CSS3
- employing good practices and testing to guide their code base design and organization to ensure product health through E2E suites.
- researching the state of the art to inform which libraries, frameworks, and tools to add to our technical stacks
- being pragmatic, knowing when to take shortcuts and when to invest in reliability. Not all codebases are created equally!
What we’re looking for
We want to work with people who have a passion for collaborating with their teams, building software while nurturing inclusive and respectful relationships with their coworkers. With the ones that are open about their shortcomings and what they do not know now, but remain eager to keep on growing and closing those gaps.
Ideally, they would also have:
- About 7+ years of professional experience as a software engineer or equivalent
- Experience building modern, responsive and interactive web applications using frameworks such as React
- Experience optimizing an application’s performance and how the browser renders views
- A good understanding of MVC architectures, as well as how to use databases and data stores such as PostgreSQL and Redis
- Experience using TailwindCSS (bonus points if you know TailwindUI too!) to style complex UIs and make them responsive
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills
This position is 100% remote within Latin America. We are looking for talent who can commit to at least 4 hours of overlap with our main team’s office working hours. (mostly 9 am to 6 pm New York)
Don’t think you are quite there, yet? That’s fine too. Let’s talk and share your story with us!
What you’ll love about Able
- We are a team of all-around company builders who are both ambitious and humble
- Diversity adds value to everything we do - We hire a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We host employee events (when it is safe to do so)
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping others, which is why give the team social impact hours to use at their discretion.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees (this includes vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world)
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a monthly health and wellness reimbursement
- Put People First; We're caring, open, and encouraging. We respect the richness that we each bring into our work.
- Imagine better; We are optimistic in our outlook, as well as creative and proactive to deliver the highest quality.
- Expect excellence; We commit to each other to always strive to be our best.
- Simplify to solve; We create better outcomes by reducing complexity.
- We are all builders; We are motivated and empowered to help build Able, and our partners’ businesses.
- One Able, Many voices; Our unity is our strength. Our diversity is our energy.
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This is but the beginning of a conversation we’d love to have with you.
Apply, and let’s get this adventure started!