Head of Growth Marketing
Able is a product strategy and development studio. Our Vision is to build products that create a more inclusive and prosperous future for our people and partners. Our teams consist of exceptional Product Designers, Software Engineers, Product Strategists and Program Managers.
Able is seeking a Head of Growth Marketing to join our distributed team. This is a newly created role, and deserving of a unique person to fill it. Here’s the story: over the past several years, Able has grown immeasurably. Our revenue and team have grown +30% y/y. We’ve also grown in the type of company that we are:
Chapter 1: We were founded in 2013 as a product and engineering hub for a portfolio of early stage start-ups. We grew up as an in-house/external hybrid shared services model. That allowed us to hone our skills and establish our operational and cultural foundation.
Chapter 2. In 2019 we began to expand our vision. We began to grow outside of our inset partner base. We had good initial success meeting new partners, kicking off new relationships, and delivering high value work.
Chapter 3. We are now beginning a new chapter, an expansion of the ambition of Chapter 2. We have two primary audiences to grow with:
- Organization Leaders. Founders, CTOs, CPOs, and nonprofit leaders who need product and engineering expertise they can trust to achieve their vision.
- Supernodes. VCs, Private Equity Leaders and family offices that maintain networks of investment companies. We offer a unique model to create a product strategy and engineering shared services capability across the portfolio.
We are looking for a leader who can help better connect us with these groups. A key catalyst for our Chapter 3 growth plan. A door opener. A natural connector. A relentless and fearless hustler who manages their broad network thoughtfully and powerfully.
1. Own and implement Able’s Go to Market strategy
We are in early days of helping Able expand our reach into the world. We need a leader who can expand us in:
- Audience and persona definition
- Positioning and messaging
- Content strategy and generation
- Channel strategy: Lead generation/Email, Social, Events, PR, partnerships
- Measurement and ROI tracking
- Program management and implementation; This is a department of one. You will have design resources and executive support, we need a dynamic leader who is as comfortable with strategy and they are with execution
2. Generate new partner introductions for Able
We need more chances to meet partners. Using the GTM Program, help capture and organize leads.
3. Expand and build Able’s reputation
We need more of the right people to know us and to understand the value we bring. We have a solid ability to close deals, we need access to more open opportunities.
What we’re looking for
- 7–10 years of experience in growth marketing, ideally for start-ups. Experience working in a services company is preferred. Bonus points for experience inside VCs, Private Equity, as a founder, or in business development
- Demonstrated experience building connections and network expansion/mobilization
- Strong executive presence with an ability to easily establish trust between internal and external stakeholders
- Always-on ambition and motor, unwavering motivation to build
- Fluent in:
- Go to Market Strategy
- Commercial strategy
- Growth marketing
- Conversant in:
- Product strategy
- Company building
- Legal entitlement to work in the US.
- Go to Market strategy.
- Lead generation. Use technology to supplement your network mobilization.
- Brand expansion. Your network + Our Story + Our Talent. Help us expand our reputation using strategy, story telling and technology.
This role is 100% remote within the US.
The salary range for this position is $160,000 to $200,000 USD.
Salary offered will take into consideration the actual salary ranges for current employees, the candidate’s depth of experience and qualifications, the level of specialization the role requires, budgetary considerations, the market demand for the role and the local market conditions that exist where the employee will be based.
What you’ll love about Able
- We are a team of all-around company builders who are both ambitious and humble
- Diversity adds value to everything we do - We hire a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We are a remote-first organization
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping others, which is why give the team social impact hours to use at their discretion.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees (this includes vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world)
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a monthly health and wellness reimbursement
Our Core Values
- Champion Outcomes Over Effort; You take ownership of problems and emphasize that the results created are more important than the time we spend or the approach that we take
- Contribute to the Solution; You are responsible for identifying issues, and doing what you can to help solve them
- Put People First; You emphasize people and relationships over process or ideas. You seek to build and reinforce trust with colleagues and clients
- Commit to Diversity; You contribute to a world where everyone can be themself, together
- Get Better Every Day; You believe we all have the ability to improve and we're driven to help everyone be the best they can be
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.