We are Able, a company building products through a portfolio model, and we are looking to grow our team with a Senior Data Engineer.
Do you love exploring and trying out new tools? Researching how to push the limits of your frameworks and libraries? Are you interested in working on meaningful products across different industries?
If so, Able may be the place you’ve been waiting for. We are a passionate and good-willed team building creative and innovative projects and we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing
We are seeking someone who enjoys providing infrastructure and tools to deliver end-to-end solutions to business problems that can be developed rapidly and maintained easily. Someone who through the portfolio nature of our team, contributes to a variety of projects and technologies. Someone who is particularly inclined toward innovation, creativity, and solutions that will have a significant impact on the partner’s velocity.
In short, someone who likes:
- Leading the creation, and design of data solutions and integrations based on modern data architectures
- Building and maintaining data pipelines, models, experiments, and foundational datasets to support analytics, modeling, experimentation, and product/business needs
- Implementing the infrastructure for efficient data extraction, transformation, and loading from multiple sources while adhering to good data governance principles
- Partnering with our engineering, product, and design teams to provide a valued voice as we scale our team and culture
- Improving our data engineering discipline by establishing processes and addressing growing pains during high-growth phases
- Evangelizing data engineering best practices within and beyond the team
What we’re looking for
We want to work with people who have a passion for collaborating with their teams, and building products while nurturing inclusive and respectful relationships with their coworkers. Successful team members are open about their shortcomings and what they don’t know now, but remain eager to keep on growing and closing those gaps.
Ideally, they would also have:
- 5+ years of Data Engineering experience.
- Thorough and up-to-date SQL knowledge as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Ability to work with others to build and maintain data pipelines using technologies like, Airflow, Great Expectations, DBT, and Snowflake
- Experience with Data Architecture
- Experience using data integration tools (e.g., Fivetran, Airbyte) and streamlining/processing tools
- Experience using ETL and ELT processes
- Experience with AWS cloud ecosystem and products (Redshift, RDS, Kinesis, S3, Athena, Glue)
- Experience with Google Cloud ecosystem and products (BigQuery, Cloud SQL, Google Storage, Pub/Sub)
- Experience in the healthcare industry especially handling sensitive data
- Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills
This position is 100% remote. We are looking for talent who can commit to at least 5 hours of overlap with our main team’s office working hours. (mostly 9 am to 6 pm New York Time)
Don’t think you are quite there, yet? That’s fine too. Let’s talk and share your story with us!
What you’ll love about Able
- We are a team of all-around company builders who are both ambitious and humble
- Diversity adds value to everything we do—We hire a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We host employee events (when it is safe to do so)
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping others, which is why give the team social impact hours to use at their discretion.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees (this includes vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world)
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a monthly health and wellness reimbursement
Our Core Values
- Champion Outcomes Over Effort; You take ownership of problems and emphasize that the results created are more important than the time we spend or the approach that we take
- Contribute to the Solution; You are responsible for identifying issues, and doing what you can to help solve them
- Put People First; You emphasize people and relationships over process or ideas. You seek to build and reinforce trust with colleagues and clients
- Commit to Diversity; You contribute to a world where everyone can be themself, together
- Get Better Every Day; You believe we all have the ability to improve and we're driven to help everyone be the best they can be
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This is but the beginning of a conversation we’d love to have with you.
Apply, and let’s get this adventure started!