Able is a digital product design and development studio. We work with entrepreneurs and nonprofit innovators to unlock the potential of their vision, fast. Our teams consist of exceptional Product Designers, Software Engineers, Product Managers, and all-around company builders. We focus on creating small teams that work closely with partners (our term for “clients”) to start, accelerate, and grow business using technology. Our teams are capable of addressing every stage of the product life cycle including product strategy, research, design, and engineering.
Able is seeking a Program Manager to join our growing team. As a Program Manager, you are partner obsessed and passionate about bringing disciplines together. You are an active listener, who will collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute an effective project process. For each program, you will work closely with our partners, learn about their business priorities and user needs, work with them to define the problems, and collaborate with our engineering and product team to define and build impactful solutions.
As a Program Manager, you will bring your advanced knowledge of agile and lean practices sharing your passion to keep up with evolving practices as a way to constantly improve delivery. You will be able to anticipate and address risks, blockers, and other potential roadblocks in advance, delivering partner excellence.
We are looking for someone who likes:
- Working in a fast-paced environment and can handle multiple simultaneous deadlines
- Creating collaborative partnerships. You align Able’s needs with partner needs and maintain the relationship to provide an excellent level of service to our partners, from staff-level engineers and project managers to business and technology executives
- Helping launch and scale our partners' digital products. Learning new skills and constantly looking for ways of optimizing your own performance.
- Working closely with engineers, product teams, and partners to shape and ship effective solutions managing schedule, team resources, scope, risk, and cost across project life cycles.
- Discovering opportunities to improve the workflow of daily tasks and led efforts to drive improvements in team efficiency
- Using data-driven insights. Have strong data analysis skills and know-how to appropriately evaluate metrics for informed decision-making.
- Coaching and providing help to other team members to ensure everyone’s unblocked to perform their responsibilities.
- Solving problems. Each step in planning and executing a project usually requires some problem-solving. Outstanding Program Managers are creative thinkers with excellent problem-solving abilities.
What we’re looking for
We want to work with people who have a passion for collaborating with their teams to develop and manage all program plans. Someone who feels comfortable managing multiple time-sensitive partner projects throughout all phases of the development life cycle.
Ideally, they would have:
- At least 10 years as a project manager at a digital agency or growth-stage technology company
- Experience overseeing multiple projects on a larger scale within a particular account
- Experience setting and maintaining standards for program management across work groups
- Experience managing a team of project managers for specific workstreams.
- Experience in software project management involving embedded, real-time software for consumer electronic products
- Experience collaborating with software engineers or equivalent working with digital products
- Deep knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience in health care is considered a plus
- Ability to manage complex client relationships, manage expectations and navigate the client landscape
- The ability to translate complex business problems by collaborating with technical teams to build project plans and product specifications through collaboration and project management tools
- Legal entitlement to work in the U.S and/or Canada
This position is 100% remote within the U.S. and/or Canada.
The salary range for this position is $159,000 to $190,000 USD.
Salary offered will take into consideration the actual salary ranges for current employees, the candidate’s depth of experience and qualifications, the level of specialization the role requires, budgetary considerations, the market demand for the role and the local market conditions that exist where the employee will be based.
What you’ll love about Able
- We are a team of all-around company builders who are both ambitious and humble
- Diversity adds value to everything we do - We hire a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We host employee events (when it is safe to do so)
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping others, which is why give the team social impact hours to use at their discretion.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees (this includes vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world)
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a monthly health and wellness reimbursement
Our Core Values
Champion Outcomes Over Effort; You take ownership of problems and emphasize that the results created are more important than the time we spend or the approach that we take
Contribute to the Solution; You are responsible for identifying issues, and doing what you can to help solve them
Put People First; You emphasize people and relationships over process or ideas. You seek to build and reinforce trust with colleagues and clients
Commit to Diversity; You contribute to a world where everyone can be themself, together
Get Better Every Day; You believe we all have the ability to improve and we're driven to help everyone be the best they can be
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.