Able is a product acceleration studio. Our technology teams consist of exceptional product designers, software engineers, product managers, and all-around company builders. We incubate our own investments and also work with our partners (clients) to improve their odds of success by deploying startup-caliber teams that are capable of addressing every stage of the technology venture lifecycle.
Do you enjoy the thrill of building complex full-stack solutions with ever-evolving interfaces? Would you like to create products for several industries, following our thesis of impacting the world to make it a better place for all?
Able may be the place you’ve been looking for. The one where creative and innovative projects meet with good-willing and passionate teams — plus many other perks to boot that we can offer.
We are currently looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team!
Who are we looking for?
In short, someone who likes:
- building web applications using modern frameworks like NextJS and BlitzJS that will run in scalable architecture such as serverless or microservices.
- researching the state of the art to inform which libraries, frameworks, and tools to add to our technical stacks
- employ good practices and testing to guide their code base design and organization
- being pragmatic, knowing when to take shortcuts and when to invest in reliability. Not all codebases are created equally!
- ensuring any application they build is secure, robust, scalable, and maintainable.
We want to work with the kind of people who have a passion for collaborating while solving problems, challenging, and nurturing relationships with their teams. The kind that is open about their shortcomings and what they do not know now, and remains eager to do whatever they need to close those gaps.
Ideally, they would also have:
- Experience optimizing an application’s performance and how the browser renders views.
- A good understanding of MVC architectures, as well as how to use databases and data stores such as PostgreSQL and Redis.
- Experience using TailwindCSS (bonus points if you know TailwindUI too!) to style complex UIs and make them responsive.
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English
This position is 100% remote. We are looking for talent who can commit to at least 6 hours of overlap with our main team’s office working hours (mostly 9 am to 6 pm GMT-5)
Don’t think you are quite there? That’s fine too. Let’s talk and get to know you and your talents!
What you’ll love about Able
- We are a team of all-around company builders who are both ambitious and humble
- Diversity adds value to everything we do - We hire a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We host employee events (when it is safe to do so)
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping others, which is why give the team social impact hours to use at their discretion.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees (this includes vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world)
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a monthly health and wellness reimbursement
Our Core Values
Champion Outcomes Over Effort; You take ownership of problems and emphasize that the results created are more important than the time we spend or the approach that we take
Contribute to the Solution; You are responsible for identifying issues, and doing what you can to help solve them
Put People First; You emphasize people and relationships over process or ideas. You seek to build and reinforce trust with colleagues and clients
Commit to Diversity; You contribute to a world where everyone can be themself, together
Get Better Every Day; You believe we all have the ability to improve and we're driven to help everyone be the best they can be
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This is but the beginning of a conversation we’d love to have with you.
Apply, and let’s get this adventure started!