Able builds and manages great technology teams. Our teams consist of exceptional Product Designers, Software Engineers, Product Managers, and all-around company builders. We focus on creating small teams that work closely with partners (our term for “clients”) to start, accelerate, and grow business using technology. Our teams are capable of addressing every stage of the product life cycle including product strategy, research, design, and engineering. Every team enjoys a significant competitive advantage on day one by drawing from our portfolio of proven practices, internal tools, and intellectual property.
We are seeking a Director of Product Design to join our growing team. As the Director of Product Design, you will build and manage a world-class design team that produces excellent product experiences.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop recruiting strategies to hire and retain great talent
- Mentor and guide team members to produce high-quality product experiences
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to staff projects that fit partner needs and team member career goals
- Define and implement design team operations and best practices
- Collaborate closely with leadership to align on and execute business goals
- Support business development efforts by providing design thinking and strategy
- Foster a productive, collaborative, and fun working environment for the design team
What we’re looking for
- An experienced leader with 3+ years managing, mentoring, and growing a product design team
- Someone who works autonomously and expertly manages their priorities
- Someone resourceful and comfortable working through ambiguity
- An excellent communicator who inspires their team and communicates effectively with key stakeholders and leadership
- An excellent collaborator who works cross-functionally to solve problems
- Someone with digital agency experience or experience shipping products in a fast paced, startup-like environment
- An experienced designer with a passion for digital products and deep knowledge of contemporary design patterns, trends, and best practices
- Someone with superb attention to detail, especially when it comes to design feedback, communication, and key stakeholder deliverables
- A strong ability to sell your ideas to key stakeholders, team members, and leadership
What you'll love about Able
- We are a team of all-around company builders who are both ambitious and down to earth
- We offer competitive base compensation, 100% employer-paid health benefits, 401k, paid parental leave, snacks, and a flexible office environment
- Diversity adds value to everything we do — we hire a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We host team lunches and outings (when it is safe to do so)
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping others, which is why we give the team social impact hours to use at their discretion
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees (including vacation, sick days, and wellness days) because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a monthly health and wellness reimbursement
Our Core Values
- Champion Outcomes Over Effort; You take ownership of problems and emphasize that the results created are more important than the time we spend or the approach that we take
- Contribute to the Solution; You are responsible for identifying issues, and doing what you can to help solve them
- Put People First; You emphasize people and relationships over process or ideas. You seek to build and reinforce trust with colleagues and clients
- Commit to Diversity; You contribute to a world where everyone can be themself, together
- Get Better Every Day; You believe we all have the ability to improve and we're driven to help everyone be the best they can be
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.