Do you love exploring and trying out new tools? Researching how to push the limits of your frameworks and libraries? Would you love to follow our thesis of working in products among different industries that seek to make a positive impact on our society?
If so, Able may be the place you’ve been waiting for. We are a passionate and good-willed team building creative and innovative projects and we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing
In short, someone who likes:
- building web applications using modern frameworks like NextJS and NestJS that will run in scalable architecture such as serverless or microservices.
- researching the state of the art to inform which libraries, frameworks, and tools to add to our technical stacks
- employ good practices and testing to guide their code base design and organization
- being pragmatic, knowing when to take shortcuts and when to invest in reliability. Not all codebases are created equally!
- ensuring any application they build is secure, robust, scalable, and maintainable.
What we’re looking for
We want to work with people who have a passion for collaborating with their teams, building software while nurturing inclusive and respectful relationships with their coworkers. With the ones that are open about their shortcomings and what they do not know now, but remain eager to keep on growing and closing those gaps.
Ideally, they would also have:
- Experience optimizing an application’s performance and how the browser renders views
- A good understanding of MVC architectures, as well as how to use databases and data stores such as PostgreSQL and Redis
- Experience using TailwindCSS (bonus points if you know TailwindUI too!) to style complex UIs and make them responsive.
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills
This position is 100% remote. We are looking for talent who can commit to at least 5 hours of overlap with our main team’s office working hours. (mostly 9 am to 6 pm New York Time)
Don’t think you are quite there, yet? That’s fine too. Let’s talk and share your story with us!
What you’ll love about Able
- We are a team of all-around company builders who are both ambitious and humble
- Diversity adds value to everything we do - We hire a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We host employee events (when it is safe to do so)
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping others, which is why give the team social impact hours to use at their discretion.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees (this includes vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world)
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a monthly health and wellness reimbursement
Our Core Values
- Put People First; We're caring, open, and encouraging. We respect the richness that we each bring into our work.
- Imagine better; We are optimistic in our outlook, as well as creative and proactive to deliver the highest quality.
- Expect excellence; We commit to each other to always strive to be our best.
- Simplify to solve; We create better outcomes by reducing complexity.
- We are all builders; We are motivated and empowered to help build Able, and our partners’ businesses.
- One Able, Many voices; Our unity is our strength. Our diversity is our energy.
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This is but the beginning of a conversation we’d love to have with you.
Apply, and let’s get this adventure started!