Able is a product acceleration studio. Our technology teams consist of exceptional product designers, software engineers, product managers, and all-around company builders. The teams we build incubate our own investments and work with our partners (clients) to improve their odds of success by deploying startup-caliber teams that are capable of addressing every stage of the technology venture lifecycle.
As an Entrepreneur in Residence, you'll work closely with our partners to understand their business priorities and user needs. You’ll then work with them to identify, explore, and define new and exciting opportunities to invest in technology. Succeed or fail, you'll have improved the team and process with your learnings, and emerged stronger for the next opportunity.
What we're looking for
- Partner with product leads to understand business priorities, user needs, and the most important problems to be solved
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to distill insights into potential solutions to prototype and test
- Quickly build and develop experiments to test hypothesis, analyze and iterate on the results to determine which products should launch or not
- Learn from experiments and quickly identify opportunities that will drive growth
- Contribute to the definition of a clear product vision and strategy and ensure the successful transition of a successfully incubated idea
- Work closely with the business development team to uncover, explore, and pitch new partnership opportunities
- Model and reinforce our Core Values
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of full-stack engineering experience
- You’re autonomous and can comfortably manage ambiguous requirements and shifting priorities
- You have the ability to breakdown complex business problems into simple and elegant solutions focused on important user needs
- You are equally comfortable presenting to executives as you are prototyping an idea
- You have a broad, up-to-date, hands-on technology and prototyping experience
- You have digital agency experience, or experience shipping code in a fast paced (start-up like) environment
- You have a passion for digital products that translates to a deep knowledge of contemporary design patterns, trends, and best practice
- You are an excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- You must be authorized to work in the United States
What you’ll love about Able
- We are a team of all-around company builders who are both ambitious and humble
- We offer competitive base compensation, 100% employer-paid health benefits, 401k, paid parental leave, snacks, relaxed office environment
- Diversity adds value to everything we do - We hire a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We host team lunches and outings (when it is safe to do so)
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping others, which is why give the team social impact hours to use at their discretion
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees (this includes vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world)
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a monthly health and wellness reimbursement
Our Core Values
- Champion Outcomes Over Effort; You take ownership of problems and emphasize that the results created are more important than the time we spend or the approach that we take
- Contribute to the Solution; You are responsible for identifying issues, and doing what you can to help solve them
- Put People First; You emphasize people and relationships over process or ideas. You seek to build and reinforce trust with colleagues and clients
- Commit to Diversity; You contribute to a world where everyone can be themself, together
- Get Better Every Day; You believe we all have the ability to improve and we're driven to help everyone be the best they can be
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.