Able’s technology teams consist of exceptional product designers, software engineers, product managers, and all-around company builders. The teams we build incubate our own investments and work with our partners (e.g. clients) to start, accelerate, and grow impact through technology. Our teams are capable of addressing every stage of the technology venture lifecycle; and, they enjoy a significant competitive advantage on day one by drawing from our portfolio of proven practices, internal tools, and intellectual property.
Able is seeking a Product Manager to join our growing team. As a Product Manager, you are partner obsessed and passionate about bringing disciplines together. You are an active listener, who will collaborate with cross-functional teams to build and launch software products. For each product, you will work closely with our clients, learn about their business priorities and user needs, work with them to define the problems, and collaborate with our team to define and build the solution.
What you'll be doing
- Build trusting relationships with clients
- Effectively manage stakeholder expectations through frequent and clear communication
- Partner with product leads to understand business priorities, user needs, and the most important problems to be solved
- Collaborate with product designers, tech leads, and software engineers to shape and ship effective solutions
- Think about scope critically and ensure that product development efforts are focused on where they can create the most value
- Use lean product validation techniques to drive product decisions and set priorities
- Track metrics and make data-informed product decisions
- Use facilitation skills and techniques to drive the decision-making process that leads to positive outcomes for the team and the product
- Understand your product’s domain and identify the trends and opportunities in that space
- Model and reinforce our Core Values
What we're looking for
- Experience working as a Product Manager
- Proven track record of shipping successful products in a distributed team environment
- Experience breaking down complex business problems into simple and elegant solutions focused on important user needs
- Ability to comfortably manage ambiguous requirements and shifting priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Some digital agency experience is strongly preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
What you’ll love about Able
- We are a team of all-around company builders who are both ambitious and humble
- We offer competitive base compensation, 100% employer-paid health benefits, 401k, paid parental leave, snacks, relaxed office environment
- Diversity adds value to everything we do - We hire a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We host team lunches and outings (when it is safe to do so)
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping others, which is why give the team social impact hours to use at their discretion.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees (this includes vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world)
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a monthly health and wellness reimbursement
Our Core Values
- Champion Outcomes Over Effort; You take ownership of problems and emphasize that the results created are more important than the time we spend or the approach that we take
- Contribute to the Solution; You are responsible for identifying issues, and doing what you can to help solve them
- Put People First; You emphasize people and relationships over process or ideas. You seek to build and reinforce trust with colleagues and clients
- Commit to Diversity; You contribute to a world where everyone can be themself, together
- Get Better Every Day; You believe we all have the ability to improve and we're driven to help everyone be the best they can be
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.