Able is a product acceleration studio. Our technology teams consist of exceptional Product Designers, Software Engineers, Product Managers, and all-around company builders. We incubate our own investments and also work with our partners (clients) to improve their odds of success by deploying startup-caliber teams that are capable of addressing every stage of the technology venture lifecycle
Able is seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our growing team. As a Senior Product Manager, you are partner obsessed and passionate about bringing disciplines together. You are an active listener, who will collaborate with cross-functional teams to build and launch software products. For each product, you will work closely with our clients, learn about their business priorities and user needs, work with them to define the problems, and collaborate with our team to define and build the solution.
What you'll be doing
- Partner with product leads to understand business priorities, user needs, and the most important problems to be solved
- Understand the product’s domain as well as trends and opportunities within that space
- Act internally as an advocate for the partner by building trusting relationships with partners to develop a deep understanding of their goals and priorities
- Collaborate with product designers, tech leads, and software engineers to shape and ship effective solutions
- Think critically about scope and ensure that product development efforts are focused on where they can create the most value
- Use facilitation skills and lean product validation techniques to drive product decisions and set priorities
- Pattern match new ideas against existing products, using them as a touch point to communicate an idea clearly to a partner
- Track metrics and make data-informed product decisions
- Effectively manage stakeholder expectations through frequent and clear communication
- Model and reinforce our Core Values
What we're looking for
- You have 5+ years experience working as a Product Manager
- You are autonomous and can be productive in ambiguous settings
- You comfortably manage ambiguous requirements and shifting priorities
- You are a strong storyteller with proven experience facilitating meetings and creating compelling presentations for executive level partners
- You have a proven track record of shipping products in a distributed team environment
- You have the ability to breakdown complex business problems into simple and elegant solutions focused on important user needs
- You are an excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- You have a passion for digital products that translates to a deep knowledge of contemporary design patterns, trends, and best practice
- You have digital agency experience, or experience in a fast paced (start-up like) environment
- You must be authorized to work in the United States
What you’ll love about Able
- We are a team of all-around company builders who are both ambitious and humble
- We offer competitive base compensation, 100% employer-paid health benefits, 401k, paid parental leave, snacks, relaxed office environment
- Diversity adds value to everything we do - We hire a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We host team lunches and outings (when it is safe to do so)
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping others, which is why give the team social impact hours to use at their discretion.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees (this includes vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world)
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a monthly health and wellness reimbursement
Our Core Values
- Champion Outcomes Over Effort; You take ownership of problems and emphasize that the results created are more important than the time we spend or the approach that we take
- Contribute to the Solution; You are responsible for identifying issues, and doing what you can to help solve them
- Put People First; You emphasize people and relationships over process or ideas. You seek to build and reinforce trust with colleagues and clients
- Commit to Diversity; You contribute to a world where everyone can be themself, together
- Get Better Every Day; You believe we all have the ability to improve and we're driven to help everyone be the best they can be
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.