Able is a team of exceptional product designers, software engineers, product managers, and all-around company builders. The teams we build incubate our own investments and work with our partners to start, accelerate, and grow impact through technology. Our teams are capable of addressing every stage of the technology venture lifecycle; and, they enjoy a significant competitive advantage on day one by drawing from our portfolio of proven practices, internal tools, and intellectual property.
Able is seeking an Operations Associate to join our New York team. We’re looking for someone who’s excited to deliver an exceptional team member experience by supporting workplace, people, and financial-related operations. You thrive off of autonomy, believe no job is too big or small, and put thought into everything you do. You should anticipate and deliver office environment changes and experiences that will delight and surprise the team.
- Welcome new team members and walk them through our onboarding process
- Research and schedule remote events for our New York City and San Francisco offices
- Create and record workplace and people ops standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Review our credit card expenses for security
- Manage vendor relationships
- Look for opportunities to improve our workplace experience, taking into consideration the current work from home climate
- Support adherence to company and team financial processes, including expense management and accounts payable
- Help team members identify and solve equipment issues
- Oversee the scheduling of team events and support executive calendar management
- Manage our social media accounts including our Instagram account @ableco and LinkedIn company profile
- 2+ years of experience working in an Operations Generalist, Business Administration, or Office Management capacity
- Experience working in a fast paced or start-up environment strongly preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong organizational, and multitasking skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels within the organization
- Self-sufficient and able to proactively and independently solve problems
- Excels in a collaborative environment and comfortable building a positive rapport and trust across all levels
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- We will only be considering candidates based in the New York City area
Our Core Values:
- Champion Outcomes Over Effort; You take ownership of problems and emphasize that the results created are more important than the time we spend or the approach that we take
- Contribute to the Solution; You are responsible for identifying issues, and doing what you can to help solve them
- Put People First; You emphasize people and relationships over process or ideas. You seek to build and reinforce trust with colleagues and clients
- Commit to Diversity; You contribute to a world where everyone can be themself, together
- Get Better Every Day; You believe we all have the ability to improve and we're driven to help everyone be the best they can be
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.