Associate Director, Partner Development
Able’s technology teams consist of exceptional product designers, software engineers, product managers, and all-around company builders. The teams we build incubate our own investments and work with our partners to start, accelerate, and grow impact through technology. Our teams are capable of addressing every stage of the technology venture lifecycle; and, they enjoy a significant competitive advantage on day one by drawing from our portfolio of proven practices, internal tools, and intellectual property.
Able is seeking an Associate Director of Partner Development to join our New York team. You will be responsible for supporting Able’s growth by developing a pipeline of new clients for our consulting services. We’re looking for someone who can effectively communicate the unique value that Able offers in order to establish new relationships and find exciting new projects.
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for how to best position Able’s consulting services in the market
- Cultivate strong relationships with prospective clients and create a healthy pipeline of potential new projects
- Engage with potential new clients to learn about their business priorities and user needs, and collaborate with Able’s Product team to sell a vision and close a deal
- Negotiate complex business relationships and contracts
- Facilitate smooth transitions for clients between the partner development and partner services teams
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative data to evaluate success criteria and drive business development decisions
- Provide actionable and timely feedback to internal and external stakeholders
- Establish and reinforce practices that support the growth of a world-class business development team
- Model and reinforce our Core Values
- 8+ years of experience in business development or sales roles
- 2+ years in a leadership role focused on business development
- Ability to breakdown complex business problems into simple and elegant solutions focused on important partner needs
- Experience defining and tracking sales metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Passion for honing and refining business development processes
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Our Core Values:
- Champion Outcomes Over Effort; You take ownership of problems and emphasize that the results created are more important than the time we spend or the approach that we take
- Contribute to the Solution; You are responsible for identifying issues, and doing what you can to help solve them
- Put People First; You emphasize people and relationships over process or ideas. You seek to build and reinforce trust with colleagues and clients
- Commit to Diversity; You contribute to a world where everyone can be themself, together
- Get Better Every Day; You believe we all have the ability to improve and we're driven to help everyone be the best they can be
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.