We are Able, a company building products through a portfolio model, and we are looking for a Front-end Developer to join our team!
Able may be the right place for you, where we connect creative and challenging projects with a passionate and well-intended team—plus many other perks to boot.
Who are we looking for?
- Developing client-side applications mixing React and Redux, and a dash of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Consume and interact with modern APIs built following REST or JSON API specs.
- Employ testing practices to guide their code-design decisions and ensure product health through E2E suites.
- Ensure any application they make is secure, robust, scalable, and maintainable.
And if you happen to know something about back-end development, that’s gonna get you an extra star in our book, but it won’t be a requirement. We do hire Full-Stack Software Engineers if that piqued your interest.
We want to work with people who are passionate about collaborating, solving problems, being challenged, and nurturing relationships with their teams. People who are open about their shortcomings and what they do not know now, and remain eager to do whatever they need to close those gaps.
Ideally, they would also have:
- About 4+ years of professional experience working as a software engineer (or equivalent, we are flexible)
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of our stack (JS, and React with Redux, and perhaps Typescript)
- A fair understanding of MVC architectures, as well as how to interact and consume APIs and external services
- Excellent HTML and CSS skills for them to collaborate with designers to transform prototypes into products
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English
Not completely there? That’s totally fine! Let’s talk and get to know you and your talents!
Why would you love to work for Able?
We believe that people, teams, and well-thought processes are more important than the ideas themselves, and we’re keen on bringing great people together while investing in their growth.
Our teams have built products in various industries, from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we will work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times, we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, though, we will look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster and grow as a group.
And we like to put our money where our mouth is, offering great benefits to ensure you have the best experience working with us:
- Flexible work hours and locations (work from home included!)
- Competitive salaries
- A MacBook to work with
- Complimentary lunches and snacks when we’re at the office
- Payroll (with bonuses on July and December, CTS and paid vacations)
- English classes
- Health insurance
- Benefit reimbursements
- Annual reevaluation of base compensation
- Annual variable compensation based on individual and company performance
We know that a diverse team brings extraordinary success, and we have created a work environment geared towards work and life balance as well as happiness. Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This is but the beginning of a conversation we’d love to have with you.
Apply, and let’s get this adventure started!