Able is a team of designers and engineers that have launched, grown, and sold technology companies. Now, we pool our skills to build a growing portfolio of businesses. We believe the future of investing will be driven by technical capability and that people with our skills shouldn't have to bet everything on the success of a single startup.
Codeable is one of Able’s growing portfolio projects. Codeable is a coding bootcamp that trains and positions talent as full stack software engineers through a six-month web developer bootcamp. Codeable operates under income share agreements, reducing enrolment friction and helping distribute opportunity through vocational training.
Codeable is seeking a General Manager to join our Lima office. In this role, you will collaborate across all departments and lead the Operations, Placement and Strategy functions for Codeable. You will report to Able’s Managing Director, Business.
Your focus will be to consolidate and grow Codeable and its team members. Codeable graduated 18 students in 2019, its launch year. We expect to graduate 60 students in 2020 while maintaining quality outcomes regarding employment.
What will be expected of you
- Collaboration; you make an effort to involve people with diverse backgrounds and skill sets in your process. You take criticism well and know how to prioritize and incorporate varying points of view.
- Communication; you build trust and buy-in by articulating your decisions in an empathetic and data-informed manner.
- Management and team leadership; your success is defined by the success of the individuals you support as a manager and the collective outcomes generated as a team.
- Service mindset; you have deep empathy for the experience of product builders and bring this to your operations, human resources, and recruiting efforts.
- Team builder and leader; you are constantly looking to build alignment between team members and challenges to be solved, individuals and teams of complements, productive debate and rapid progress.
Who we are looking for
- Experience generating strategic outcomes through operations, HR, and recruiting activities.
- Experience managing team experience with a focus on gathering team feedback for improvement.
- A focus on data-informed decisions and debate.
- Experience managing hiring, performance improvement, terminations, HR situations, policy enforcement, and compensation processes, both for team members and students.
- Efficient and outcome-focused collaboration with executives, department leaders, and the finance team.
- A passion for building teams and scaling technology companies.
- Interest and experience developing others, both for team members as well as students.
- Capacity to build and manage a budget as well as understand and build financial models.
- Experience managing internal and external stakeholders and generating partnerships.
- 2 - 7 years of experience in Operations, HR, and / or Recruiting leadership.
- 2 - 7 years of team and individual contributor management.
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience at growth stage technology and product companies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
As Able team members, we always:
- Champion outcomes over effort
- Contribute to the solution
- Put people first
- Commit to diversity
- Get better every day
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
We believe that a diverse team brings extraordinary success and we have created a work environment geared towards work/life balance and happiness. Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.