Able is a product acceleration studio. Our technology teams consist of exceptional product designers, software engineers, product managers, and all-around company builders. We incubate our own investments and also work with our partners (clients) to improve their odds of success by deploying startup-caliber teams that are capable of addressing every stage of the technology venture lifecycle.
Able is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. As a DevOps Engineer you will support a variety of challenging, creative and innovative products that are part of our rapidly evolving portfolio. You are a team player who will be a solid contributor to the growth of our company and we expect that you will keep developing your existing knowledge in areas you had never envisioned before.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with teams to improve and automate our continuous delivery flow.
- Collaborate with teams to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery pipelines that produce rapid, low-risk releases and improved velocity.
- Maintain infrastructure troubleshooting documentation empowering others to resolve issues on their own.
- Manage and improve monitoring, observability and log analysis of the infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and support our Production and Non-Production Engineering environments.
- Manage alerts and ensure appropriate incident response.
- Collaborate with teams to scale applications, improve performance and manage capacity and load changes.
- Resolve infrastructure issues acting as a link between the team and providers.
- Help product teams develop and follow through on application SLAs.
- Coach and provide training to others in DevOps topics.
- Enforce adoption and continuous improvement of security and performance practices at Able, implementing controls and resolving vulnerabilities.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Optimize resource use and manage expenses related to production and development systems and services.
- Establish a working DevOps model that supports our development methodology and teams.
- Manage infrastructure as code
- Research novel technologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the SDLC.
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years of professional experience as a System Administrator, DevOps Engineer or equivalent (prior experience with UNIX/Linux based systems is preferred)
- Experience with one or more scripting languages.
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of cloud technologies, automation, continuous integration, and monitoring tools.
- Understanding of MVC/SOA architectures and databases such as PostgreSQL and Redis.
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Experience with Linux based Operating Systems
- Attention to incidents and problem management skills.
What you’ll love about Able
- We are a team of all-around company builders who are both ambitious and humble
- Diversity adds value to everything we do - We hire a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We host employee events (when it is safe to do so)
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping others, which is why give the team social impact hours to use at their discretion.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees (this includes vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world)
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a monthly health and wellness reimbursement
Our Core Values
- Champion Outcomes Over Effort; You take ownership of problems and emphasize that the results created are more important than the time we spend or the approach that we take
- Contribute to the Solution; You are responsible for identifying issues, and doing what you can to help solve them
- Put People First; You emphasize people and relationships over process or ideas. You seek to build and reinforce trust with colleagues and clients
- Commit to Diversity; You contribute to a world where everyone can be themself, together
- Get Better Every Day; You believe we all have the ability to improve and we're driven to help everyone be the best they can be
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.