Able is a product strategy and development studio. Our Vision is to build products that create a more inclusive and prosperous future for our people and partners. Our teams consist of exceptional Product Designers, Software Engineers, Product Strategists, and Program Managers.
Able is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will support a variety of challenging, creative, and innovative products that are part of our rapidly evolving portfolio. You are a team player who will be a solid contributor to the growth of our company, and we expect that you will keep developing your existing knowledge in areas you had never envisioned before.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with teams to improve and automate our CI/CD workflows.
- Maintain infrastructure troubleshooting documentation empowering others to resolve issues on their own.
- Manage and improve monitoring, alerting, observability, and log analysis of the infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and support our Production and Non-Production Engineering environments, acting as a link between the team and providers.
- Collaborate with teams to scale applications, improve performance and manage capacity and load changes.
- Help product teams develop and follow through on application SLAs.
- Coach and provide training in DevOps topics.
- Enforce adoption and continuous improvement of security and performance practices at Able, implementing controls and resolving vulnerabilities.
- Optimize resource use and manage expenses related to production and development systems and services.
- Establish a working DevOps model that supports our development methodology and teams.
What we’re looking for
- 7+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer, System Administrator, or equivalent (prior experience with UNIX/Linux-based systems is preferred)
- Experience with one or more scripting languages
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of cloud technologies, infrastructure as code, automation, continuous integration, and monitoring tools, databases such as PostgreSQL and Redis
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English
- Experience with Linux-based Operating Systems
- Attention to incidents and problem management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills
This position is 100% remote. We are looking for talent who can commit to at least 4 hours of overlap with our main team’s office working hours. (mostly 9 am to 6 pm CST)
Don’t think you are quite there, yet? That’s fine too. Let’s talk and share your story with us!
What you’ll love about Able
- We are a team of all-around company builders who are both ambitious and humble.
- Diversity adds value to everything we do - We hire a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping others, which is why we give the team social impact hours to use at their discretion.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees (this includes vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world).
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
- Put People First: We're caring, open, and encouraging. We respect the richness that we each bring into our work.
- Imagine Better: We are optimistic in our outlook, as well as creative and proactive to deliver the highest quality.
- Expect Excellence: We commit to each other to always strive to be our best.
- Simplify to Solve: We create better outcomes by reducing complexity.
- We are all Builders: We are motivated and empowered to help build Able, and our partner's businesses.
- One Able. Many Voices: Our unity is our strength. Our diversity is our energy.
Able was founded in 2013 on the premise that entrepreneurs and philanthropists needed a better service model for building technology.
Today we're 80+ exceptionally talented builders throughout North and Latin America. We've developed our own products, and we've launched, innovated and scaled projects for our partners.
We believe talent and teams come first. Our environment allows us to work on diverse, high-impact products and technology in a truly people-oriented culture. We value outcomes over effort, and strive to get better every day.
Our unique model allows us to field a focused, dedicated team of designers, engineers, and all-around company builders. Each team is outcome-oriented, designed to seamlessly integrate with our partners, and ready to adapt as their business evolves.
Let’s build together.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.