Able is a team of designers and engineers that have started, grown, and sold technology companies. Now we pool our skills as a team to build a growing portfolio of businesses. We believe the future of investing will be driven by technical capability and that people with our skills shouldn't have to bet everything on the success of a single startup.
Able is seeking a DevOps Engineer. You will support a variety of challenging, creative and innovative products that are part of our rapidly evolving portfolio. You are a teamplayer who will be a solid contributor to the growth of our company and we expect that you will keep developing your existing knowledge in areas you had never envisioned before.
What will be expected of you:
- Collaborate with teams to improve and automate our continuous delivery flow.
- Collaborate with teams to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery pipelines that produce rapid, low-risk releases and improved velocity.
- Maintain infrastructure troubleshooting documentation empowering others to resolve issues on their own.
- Manage and improve monitoring, observability and log analysis of the infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and support our Production and Non-Production Engineering environments.
- Manage alerts and ensure appropriate incident response.
- Collaborate with teams to scale applications, improve performance and manage capacity and load changes.
- Resolve infrastructure issues acting as a link between the team and providers.
- Help product teams develop and follow through on application SLAs.
- Coach and provide training to others in DevOps topics.
- Enforce adoption and continuous improvement of security and performance practices at Able, implementing controls and resolving vulnerabilities.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Optimize resource use and manage expenses related to production and development systems and services.
- Establish a working DevOps model that supports our development methodology and teams.
- Manage infrastructure as code
- Research novel technologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the SDLC.
What we are looking for:
- You have a passion for collaborative problem solving and the willingness to challenge, debate and form relationships with team members.
- You know what you don’t know, you have no problem admitting it, and you’re eager to do whatever it takes to address that gap.
- You have a desire to improve Able’s software development practices and the experience to follow-through on implementation.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a System Administrator, DevOps Engineer or equivalent (prior experience with UNIX/Linux based systems is preferred)
- Experience with one or more scripting languages.
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of cloud technologies, automation, continuous integration, and monitoring tools.
- Understanding of MVC/SOA architectures and databases such as PostgreSQL and Redis.
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Experience with Linux based Operating Systems
- Attention to incidents and problem management skills.
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Here are some of our perks:
- Working from home open policy
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive salary
- A MacBook to work with
- Payroll (bonus on July and December, CTS and vacations)
- English classes
- Health insurance
- Complimentary lunches
- Benefit reimbursements
- Annual reevaluation of base compensation
- Annual variable compensation based on individual and company performance
We believe that a diverse team brings extraordinary success and we have created a work environment geared towards work/life balance and happiness. Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.