As an Associate Director at Able, you will play a key role in ensuring the success of our products and the growth of our employees.
As a Product Team Leader, you will work closely with your product strategy counterpart to execute against partners’ product strategy, identify risks and mitigation strategies, and manage to successful product outcomes.
As a Manager, you will mentor product managers and product designers and help build our product team in San Francisco. You will work to identify team member’s strengths and weaknesses and help them grow in their careers by developing new skills. You will help build the structure that will support the future growth of the product team in San Francisco.
You will be expected to:
- Collaborate with your product strategy partner in setting the product teams up for successfully accomplishing business and product goals
- Manage project budgets, timelines, and resources
- Identify hiring needs; recruit, manage and retain strong talent
- Develop and manage career plans for your direct reports
- Provide actionable and timely feedback to your direct reports
- Contribute to the product learning culture of Able
What we are looking for:
- A leader: you set clear goals and enable your direct reports to do their best work
- A coach: you focus on the growth of your direct reports and contribute to the team’s continuous improvement
- A problem solver: you love breaking down complex problems and finding elegant solutions
- An advocate: you know how to weigh competing priorities and maintain an ongoing feedback loop between Able’s partners and internal teams
- A teammate: you thrive in a highly collaborative environment and enjoy building on the ideas of others
- 5+ years in a management role
- 3+ years of experience working as a Product Manager or Product Designer
- Experience shipping successful products in a distributed team environment
- Experience developing and managing career growth and development plans
- Experience working in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Passion for honing and refining the product development process
- MBA preferred
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
You must be authorized to work in the United States.