As a Product Engineer, you'll collaborate with our product managers and designers to lead our product development efforts. For each product, you'll work closely with our partners to learn about their business priorities and user needs. You’ll then work with them to define the problems and collaborate with your teammates to define and build the solution. Succeed or fail, you'll have improved the team and process with your learnings, and emerged stronger for the next opportunity.
You will be expected to:
- Leverage your broad technical expertise to develop, validate, and de-risk product solutions through tactics such as prototyping.
- Define and document technical requirements such as high-level systems architecture.
- Estimate time and complexity to help stakeholders understand the risks and costs associated with a solution.
- Collaborate with the broader engineering organization to ship code and deliver value to users.
- Develop a solid understanding of business and user needs in collaboration with other product team members and our partners.
- Contribute to the definition of a clear product vision and strategy.
- Contribute to refining Able’s product development practices, especially those of the product engineering team.
What we are looking for:
- A product-minded engineer: you take a pragmatic approach to engineering and prioritize shipping value to your users.
- A team player: you have a passion for collaborative problem solving and are willing to challenge and be challenged by your teammates.
- A strong communicator: you are as effective discussing complex technical matters with non-technical stakeholders as with engineers.
- 3+ years of strong full-stack engineering experience (Ruby on Rails and React experience preferred).
- Experience architecting and shipping production web applications.
- Experience breaking down complex systems into small releases that focus on delivering value to users.
- Broad, up-to-date, hands-on technology and prototyping experience.
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity.
- Interest in product management and strategy.