We are Able, a company building products through a portfolio model, and we are looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer.
Do you enjoy the thrill of building complex full-stack solutions with ever-evolving interfaces? Would you like to create products for several industries, following our thesis of impacting the world to make it a better place for all?
Able may be the place you’ve been longing for. The one where creative and innovative projects meet with good-willing and passionate teams — plus many other perks to boot that we can offer.
Who are we looking for?
- Building server-side applications (as well as RESTful APIs) using Ruby and Rails
- Developing client-side applications mixing React and Redux, and a dash of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Employing testing practices to guide their code-design decisions and ensure product health through E2E suites.
- Ensuring any application they build is secure, robust, scalable, and maintainable.
We want to work with the kind of people who have a passion for collaborating while solving problems, challenging, and nurturing relationships with their teams. The kind that is open about their shortcomings and what they do not know now, and remains eager to do whatever they need to close those gaps.
Ideally, they would also have:
- About 6+ years of professional experience working as a software engineer (or equivalent, we are flexible)
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of our stack (as stated, Ruby, Rails, JS, and React with Redux).
- A fair understanding of MVC architectures, as well as how to use databases and data stores such as PostgreSQL and Redis.
- Good HTML and CSS skills for them to collaborate with designers to transform prototypes into products
- Experience building modern, responsive and interactive web applications with frameworks such as React
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English
Don’t think you are quite there? That’s fine too. Let’s talk and get to know you and your talents!
Why would you love to work for Able?
We believe that people, teams, and well-thought processes are more important than the ideas themselves, and we’re keen on bringing great people together while investing in their growth.
Our teams have built products in various industries, from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we will work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times, we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, though, we will look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster and grow as a group.
And we like to put our money where our mouth is, offering great benefits to ensure you have the best experience working with us:
- Flexible work hours and locations (work from home included!)
- Competitive salaries
- A MacBook to work with
- Complimentary lunches and snacks when we’re at the office
- Payroll (with bonuses on July and December, CTS and paid vacations)
- English classes
- Health insurance
- Benefit reimbursements
- Annual reevaluation of base compensation
- Annual variable compensation based on individual and company performance
We know that a diverse team brings extraordinary success, and we have created a work environment geared towards work and life balance as well as happiness. Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This is but the beginning of a conversation we’d love to have with you.
Apply, and let’s get this adventure started!