Able is a team of designers and engineers that have started, grown, and sold technology companies. Now we pool our skills as a team to build a growing portfolio of businesses. We believe the future of investing will be driven by technical capability and that people with our skills shouldn't have to bet everything on the success of a single startup.
Able is seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Front-end. You will work on a variety of challenging, creative and innovative products that are part of our rapidly growing portfolio. Your experience will serve as a foundation for your growth at our company and we expect that you will keep developing your existing skills by growing your knowledge in areas you had never envisioned before.
What will be expected of you:
- Apply your experience and knowledge of best practices to optimize applications, improve performance, and ensure responsiveness and cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility
- Develop and exercise your understanding of UX & UI design best practices
- Transform design prototypes into views with HTML5/CSS3, and tools like SASS and other preprocessors.
What we are looking for:
- You have a passion for collaborative problem solving and the willingness to challenge, debate and form relationships with team members
- You know what you don’t know, you have no problem admitting it, and you’re eager to do whatever it takes to address that gap
- You have a desire to improve Able’s product development practices and the experience to follow-through on implementation
- 5+ years professional experience as a software engineer or equivalent
- Sufficient HTML and CSS skills to be able to work with designers to transform prototypes
- Experience building modern, responsive and interactive web applications using frameworks such as React
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Here are some of our perks:
- Working from home open policy
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive salary
- A MacBook to work with
- Payroll (bonus on July and December, CTS and vacations)
- English classes
- Health insurance
- Complimentary lunches
- Benefit reimbursements
- Annual reevaluation of base compensation
- Annual variable compensation based on individual and company performance
We believe that a diverse team brings extraordinary success and we have created a work environment geared towards work/life balance and happiness. Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.