AB InBev is seeking a Global Consumer Science Specialist for their Global Innovation & Technology Center (=GITEC), in Belgium.
GITEC is AB InBev’s Global Research & Development Center, located in its own secure facility at AB InBev’s Global Headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. Within, a diverse team of more than 120 scientists and specialists, pulling from more than 20 nationalities, work diligently to achieve GITEC’s Dream: shaping the future together. Of course, the intense R&D work in Belgium is only part of the story. GITEC’s employees collaborate with multiple partners across the globe to tap relevant expertise and help AB InBev deliver and develop new raw and packaging materials, brew new and innovative products, and deliver them to the consumer in sharply designed packaging.
We dream big. We look to the future, not the past. We hire people that can be better than ourselves. The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
Global Consumer Science Specialist
Location: GITEC Headquarters – Leuven, Belgium
Purpose of the job
As part of the Global Sensory and Consumer science group, you will draft & executeConsumer learning plans related to commercial or technical platform to ensure successful renovations or innovations in 6 geographical Zones (North America, Middle America, South America, Europe, Africa and Asia Pacific). You will define adequate combination of product space design and methods to answer project objectives and research questions. You will ensure the correct translation of consumer insights into technical briefs for new products or packaging innovations that will drive top-line revenue growth.
Role Key Accountabilities
- Draft and execute research plans (qual & quant research covering product testing, claims testing, testing of MVPs, prototype tasting and concept refinement): including briefing and supervision of external research agencies and briefing and coordination of internal teams including data scientist running analysis, reporting, debrief. Transform results into insights and simple recommendations
- Guide Competitive intelligence programs associated with top 12 markets. Track competitiveness performance of our products and portfolio vs. competition. Validate category expansion strategy and taste segment in each market, identify new opportunities
- Consolidate insight and patterns, share knowledge to maximize synergies and speed when replicating Innovation and strategic projects
- Management of trainees & partner agency relationships
- Guide and train Zones S&CS Mangers and teams on S&CS Toolkits & Data collection programs
- Sustain and develop external network related to Sensory, Physiology, Nutrition, Psychology, Behavior, Semiotic, Applied Data science, Design of Experiments and Consumer Science as needed
Skills and Experiences
- Masters or PhD in Consumer behavior/ Psychology/ Food Science/ Physiology/ Nutrition/ Applied Statistics or Data science
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in the field of Sensory & Consumer Science or Consumer Research
- Fluency in English (written/spoken), other language skills constitute an additional asset
- Data collection & Data analytics software skills such as: Eye questions, Fizz or Compusense, Xlstats a plus
- Act as an Owner and Customer oriented
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with a pragmatic mindset
- Strong interpersonal leadership and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience as a project leader with proven track record of successful delivery
- Ability to streamline communication, tell a story from results and keep things simple, developing options and recommendations for the team, taking costs / time / quality into account
- Agile & collaborative way of working
- Able to work in an environment in which priorities, project scope and time schedules will be set and adjusted often
- Travel is required