GITEC is AB InBev’s Global Research & Development Center, located in its own secure facility at AB InBev’s Global Headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. Within, a diverse team of more than 120 scientists and specialists, pulling from more than 20 nationalities, work diligently to achieve GITEC’s Dream: bringing people together to create and deliver winning innovation and technologies. Of course, the intense R&D work in Belgium is only part of the story. GITEC’s employees collaborate with multiple partners across the globe to tap relevant expertise and help AB InBev deliver and develop new raw and packaging materials, brew new and innovative products, and deliver them to the consumer in sharply designed packaging.
We dream big. We look to the future, not the past. We hire people that can be better than ourselves. The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
Global Project Support Leader
Working on real projects at GITEC, the global Innovation & Technology Center, this function could be the first step on a global career at AB InBev.
The Global Project Support Leader drives the development and performance follow-up of Global Technical and Commercial Projects across the world in order to make sure these projects are tracked and delivered as planned and key stakeholders are satisfied.
As from your induction you'll be treated as one of our future leaders. You will learn about running projects and innovations at AB InBev.
You will be part of a very dynamic team, handling the most complex and valuable initiatives in Global R&D.
Purpose of the Project Support Leader Function
- Lead the planning and coordinate the execution of global delivery projects with the different project leaders across the world in the different Zones.
- Interface with Global technical experts and Zones project leaders to gather and analyze program/projects information and lead the execution of corrective actions.
- Organize and participate to regular follow-up meetings with different external partners (vendors, start-ups, universities, associations and etc.) on co-development of Front-End Innovation.
- Organize and participate to regular follow-up meetings with the Zones on co-development and implementation of individual projects within the respective Project Management Platforms.
- Ensure correct reporting via meeting minutes preparation and action plan management.
- Tracking and Monitoring of the values and Stage Gate progress of the projects in the PMO to ensure monthly reporting of the status to our key stakeholders.
- Support development of robust business cases and track the hypothesis validation throughout the project life cycle.
- Ensure overall quality of data of the programs (business case, projects status, status versus short/long terms objectives) in the Project and Portfolio Management platform.
- Ensure project communication through all Global and Zone stakeholders (Marketing, Procurement, logistics, Operation, etc.). Act as single point of contact between the commercial and technical teams.
- Ensure compliance of the projects and PMOs with the ways of working and processes of the department.
- Support the global technical experts on the Project Management Processes to follow for Technical and Commercial projects to ensure that the projects can pass through the Global Stage Gate committee in time for approving the development continuation of these projects.
- This position has to be a strong team player, collaborative, demonstrating a fact-based structured approach with high sense of urgency. Has to be able to work in various markets, product categories, and across multiple functions.
- This position requires good knowledge of project management and performance reporting.
- University degree in a relevant applied science or engineering.
- Project Management experience.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal leadership, negotiation skills and ability to influence people.
- Critical thinking, ability to challenge and give feedback, creative and innovation-oriented mindset.
- Result oriented with respect to quality, costs, timing.
- Multi-disciplinary project management capabilities.
- Experience working in multicultural environment.
- Experience and ability to work in a continuously changing business environment with high level of uncertainty.
- Speed, flexibility, sense of urgency; ability to react to demands and stick to deadlines.
- Fluent English (written & spoken), other language skills constitute an asset.
- Considers receiving feedback as an opportunity to grow.
- Ready to travel to vendors and production facilities around the world (up to 25% of the month).
- Technical knowledge inside the area of brewing and packaging are a plus.
- Technical knowledge inside digital transformation is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office.
- Knowledge of project management software such as: MS Project, Asana, Monday, Trello... is a plus.
- Knowledge of DevOps environment is a plus.