About AB InBev
Anheuser-Busch Inbev is the leading global brewer and one of the world’s top 5 consumer product companies. With over 500 beer brands we’re number one or two in many of the world’s top beer markets: North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
Growth Group Overview
Our Growth Group was created to unify AB InBev's global technology and commercial functions in order to fully leverage data and drive digital transformation, simply structures and reduce siloes. With consumer & customer centricity, we connect to our ecosystem in innovative ways and provide world class brands, experience & services to accelerate profitable growth. All to create a Future with More Cheers!
The Growth Group brings together BEES (b2b digital commerce platform), DTC (direct-to-consumer platforms), sales & distribution and global marketing. The group is supported by People & Strategy, Legal & Corporate Affairs, Revenue Management and Growth Finance.
About the Team and Role
At ABI our people are our greatest asset. We believe in hiring people that can be better than ourselves, empowering them as owners, and enabling them to grow at the pace of their talent. We also believe passionately that the consumer is the boss, and our Global Marketing team champions this principle every day. This curious group of innovators, dreamers and doers strives to deeply understand people and their evolving needs, and then create engaging brands, products and experiences that consumers love.
As a Consumer Strategy & Foresights Director on the Global Strategy & Insights Team at ABI, you will champion a human-centered approach to translating human empathy and understanding the world into a forward-looking portfolio strategy, meaningful and impactful innovation and more effective commercial programs that solve relevant consumer and customer problems.
You have extensive experience working with world-class consumer brands, have hands-on experience detecting signals, translating those into winning innovation, and have a talent for fact-based storytelling. You inspire and empower internal and external partners to deliver excellence. You manage a challenging workload by balancing future operational and strategic needs. You have a bias for action.
To succeed in this role, you'll operate with an agile mindset, looking for pragmatic and effective ways to answer pressing business questions. You must be comfortable working with different kinds of datasets, including 1st/2nd/3rd party-data, primary research, managing vendors and internal data & analytics providers, guiding work of others, and interacting with senior leadership on complex problems.
This role will sit onsite in our New York City office.
|Work Location: New York, NY
(Please note that the salary details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only, not total compensation, which includes bonus, equity and benefits.)
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Champion consumer-centricity, foresights and category leadership across ABI.
- Instigate, inspire and guide the development of exceptional long term platform portfolio & innovation strategies, evaluate potential & gaps of existing portfolio and innovation pipeline, shape future portfolio mix and long term innovation focus.
- Create platform level consumer job to be done and key initiatives, and activation tactics through impactful human truths, deep cultural understanding and persuasive communications.
- Develop breakthrough consumer insights and thought leadership to ABI on the consumer of today and tomorrow through scanning and analyzing data on shifting consumer values, marketplace signals, and behavioral trends to drive a deep understanding of potentially disruptive forces that will translate into opportunities, mitigate risks, and shape our future strategies.
- Collaborate with country insights teams, data & analytics teams and external partners to develop holistic and nuanced stories about human motivations & behaviors to develop creative solutions that solve real consumer & customer problems that deliver expand the category in a sustainable and profitable way.
- Drive conversations with growth platform VPs and senior leaders to translate business needs into learning & development plans, bridging the divide between insight, foresight and actions.
- Contribute to the development and growth of the Insights team, sharing best practices and mentoring team members
- Manage change in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment where priorities are often shifting.
- Instigate, inspire, and guide the development of exceptional long term platform portfolio & innovation strategies for ABI’s Beyond Beer Portfolio.
- Evaluate potential consumer needs in this new space, shape future portfolio mix and long term innovation focus accordingly.
- Drive conversations with Beyond Beer platform VPs and senior leaders to translate business needs into learning & development plans, bridging the divide between insight, foresight and actions.
Sound interesting to you? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of consumer strategy, strategic brand planning, consumer insights & analytics, or related experience working with world-class consumer brands at leading agencies, brand strategy consultancies or marketing teams
- Deep understanding of, and extensive experience in, consumer strategy, brand planning, brand communications development, new product & experience development.
- A track record of leading strategic and tactical conversations with a wide range of partners across the business and aligning stakeholders toward an optimal decision
- A track record of translating business needs into winning portfolio strategies, front-end innovation and communication priorities and
- Demonstrated skills in core areas: consumer and portfolio strategy, insights from data & research, creative and new product development
- Experience building productive working relationships with key partners within and outside Marketing, across local, zone and global teams
- Extraordinary writing skills, visual story-telling skills, and presentation skills.
- True self-starters. ABI is proud of the speed at which our business moves, and we are looking for those who are willing to be a part of our fast-paced environment
- Someone who has delivered exceptional results for their company throughout their career. We are looking for people who can show that their actions have led to impact
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, with the ability to manage and prioritize between a diverse array of tasks on tight timelines
- Strong intellectual curiosity, biases to action, and drive.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business
- Total Rewards package including: medical and dental coverage, fertility benefits, 401k match, parental leave, and paid time off
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs