Global Ethics & Compliance Director
Reporting to the Global VP, Ethics & Compliance, the Director, Ethics & Compliance will lead the enhancement and implementation of AB InBev’s Ethics and Compliance Program. The Director will work closely with other Ethics & Compliance and legal team colleagues and the business to ensure that colleagues adhere to AB InBev’s high ethical standards and Code of Business Conduct. This position will be based in either or St Louis or New York HQ.
- Manage a global portfolio of investigations into regulatory, compliance, and people related matters.
- Lead complex multi-jurisdictional investigations in cooperation with regional compliance teams around the world. Advise the business on matters arising under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, UK Bribery Act, and other anti-corruption regimes. Develop corporate ethics policies and partner with stakeholders to raise awareness of policies and drive ethical behavior across the organization. Work alongside colleagues and company leadership to maintain and further develop throughout the organization a strong culture of ethics and compliance, including personal accountability at all levels in the organization, with a spirit of partnership and positive problem solving. Work with BrewRIGHT (our proprietary data analytics platform) to proactively monitor compliance risks and conduct investigations with insights from artificial intelligence and machine learning. Execute compliance risk assessments periodically, and create and oversee appropriate improvement plans to mitigate risk appropriately, in a tailored and prioritized manner. Manage external counsel and lead a team of compliance professionals.
- Advise on strategic M&A and compliance risks around new ventures.
- Travel required
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time in the company’s discretion
Education, Experience & Skills
- Licensed to practice law in a U.S. jurisdiction
- Minimum of 8 years of ethics and compliance experience in a multinational law firm or government position.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with US and ex-US personnel
- Knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to managing risk in emerging markets including among other things, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, UK Bribery Act, anti-money laundering, economic sanctions, and data privacy.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, to work independently and manage discrete areas of responsibility with little direct supervision, and to flourish in a fast-paced
- Excellent organization, communication (verbal and written) with fluency in written and spoken English required
- Nice to have a proficiency in other languages or experience living/working overseas
- Nice to have experience working in an in-house legal or compliance function