Abata has a big vision focused on translating the biology of regulatory T cells (Tregs) into transformational medicines for patients, particularly in severe autoimmune and inflammatory diseases with inadequate or no therapeutic options. While cell therapies represent a significant advancement in treating human disease, they have not yet been rigorously evaluated and developed for the treatment of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. The company believes that by engineering Tregs for targeted activation only at the site of disease, enabling a robust, durable response, while avoiding systemic immune suppression, they can revolutionize the treatment of these challenging chronic diseases.
Our work is transformative which is why we hire the best, brightest, and most importantly…kind people. Being kind is not just a personality trait we look for, it’s a core value, embedded in the way we work and how we shape your experience at Abata Therapeutics. One of the most important aspects of your experience at Abata is how you develop and grow with the company. Our culture of learning and growth enables everyone to do their best work and contribute to fulfilling our mission.
We are seeking candidates to fill a 6month co-op position within the Tech Ops team at Abata Therapeutics. This position provides an excellent opportunity for students who are currently pursuing an advanced degree in chemical/biomedical engineering, biology, immunology, or related fields to apply scientific and engineering principles and gain hands-on experience in developing innovative cell therapy products. This position starts June 2023 and runs through December 2023.
Join a team committed to scientific excellence, focused on passionate engagement, and united in purpose to treat and defeat autoimmune diseases.
- Perform hands-on process development and analytical development studies of the selected technology format(s). e.g., culture cells and run cell-based assays
- Maintain clear and complete experimental records and present findings in internal meetings
- Leverage literature, technology vendors, internal and external cross-functional expertise to conduct performance and manufacturability assessment of various technology options
- Pursuing an advanced degree in Bioengineering, Biology, Immunology, or related scientific/engineering field.
- Must be available 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday from Jun through Dec 2023.
- Demonstrated scientific rigor, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience within an industrial (biopharma/biotech) or academic research environment is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
This is an on-site position based in the Watertown, MA office and the employee will be required to work in the office on a regular basis.
Abata Therapeutics will require compliance with our COVID- 19 vaccination policy. Please Review our conditions of employment.
Conditions of employment:
All current Abata employees have received the first two rounds of vaccinations against COVID-19. Vaccination status must be confirmed prior to any new hires joining the team. Up to date vaccination is strongly encouraged for every employee who intends to work onsite at our office and lab facility. Should an employee choose not to receive the vaccine, we will seek to understand the facts of their individual circumstance and determine if an appropriate work arrangement can be achieved.